Menu

Nathan Fillion, Sean Maher, and Joss Whedon and Shakespeare...

Ummm..How can anyone not like Shakespeare? :confused:

I was wondering that, myself!

As I understand it, by the way, they did retain the original language.

I heard an interview with Whedon one time in which he talked about how he and his buddies liked to get together and read Shakespeare plays for fun. I used to do that with friends when I was a teenager, but somehow it seems cooler when Joss Whedon does it!

Can it beat Kenneth Branagh's version? Our whole family loves that one.

Yes, but Branagh is prone to spittage. He was grossing me out on the St. Crispin's Day speech in Henry V, and he's over the top, IMHO. Fillion and Whedon are ...shhhh the angles are singing... the clouds have parted...and look, the moon is shining through...

Joss is a god (his dialog is supreme), and Fillion makes me seriously consider licking the tv.

It's going to be AWESOME.

Edited by justamouse

Joss is a god (his dialog is supreme), and Fillion makes me seriously consider licking the tv.

It's going to be AWESOME.

ROFL - this is quite quotable and I fully agree. I am rewatching the entire Buffy series right now. It's SO good.

I wish we'd see James Martsters too.

See, this is what makes me pause. What I love about Joss's work is his dialog, and it sounds like he is using Shakespeare's dialog. Not that I'm saying Shakespeare's dialog is bad or worse than Joss's, but . . . it doesn't seem like it can be a Joss show without Joss's dialog.

See, this is what makes me pause. What I love about Joss's work is his dialog, and it sounds like he is using Shakespeare's dialog. Not that I'm saying Shakespeare's dialog is bad or worse than Joss's, but . . . it doesn't seem like it can be a Joss show without Joss's dialog.

Yes, but it can be Joss' *inflection* which will make is Josstacular.

Well, I love them all: Brannaugh, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Shakespeare and Marsters. Brannaugh spitting and Josstacular inflecting are all good things. Toss some smirking and snarking into the mix and I may pass out.

I love them all like a Hive member loves a man in a kilt. It's going to be a happy, happy day around here.

All the best Shakespeare involves spitting. It's the only way to get those words out to the back seats.

Alleged Shakespeare!? Yeah, and there was an alleged moon landing.

Oh wait, it's the interwebs. I am sure someone can punch up a wikipage to tell me how both are alleged. Next you will be telling me Marsters isn't a Brit. :lol:

(I know, I know)

Well, I love them all: Brannaugh, Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Shakespeare and Marsters. Brannaugh spitting and Josstacular inflecting are all good things. Toss some smirking and snarking into the mix and I may pass out.

I love them all like a Hive member loves a man in a kilt. It's going to be a happy, happy day around here.

All the best Shakespeare involves spitting. It's the only way to get those words out to the back seats.

Alleged Shakespeare!? Yeah, and there was an alleged moon landing.

Oh wait, it's the interwebs. I am sure someone can punch up a wikipage to tell me how both are alleged. Next you will be telling me Marsters isn't a Brit. :lol:

(I know, I know)

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/doubleissue/mysteries/shakespeare.htm

The authorship question has been pondered since the 1780s...

http://www.space.com/5772-tv-mythbusters-tackle-moon-landing-hoax-claims.html

In 2005, Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, special effects experts better known by the title of their popular Discovery Channel series, "MythBusters", were asked during an interview about the myth they would most like to test provided an unlimited budget.

"Jamie and I have done the research, and figured that the only way to end the debate about the 'myth' of the Apollo moon landing is to go there," Savage replied to Slashdot, a technology news website, about the belief held by some that the United States faked the lunar landings.

Articles mentioning the allegations held by some, and they aren't on Wikipedia...

:tongue_smilie: