Menu

What's your favorite, can't do without kitchen gadget?

My favorite kitchen gadget, believe it or not, is a 2"x2" (maybe a little bigger) nylon pan scraper from Pampered Chef. I used this every day - on pots and pans, dishes, counter tops, and I freak out if I can't find it...lol.

I also love my garlic press, also from Pampered Chef.

I love my teak lime-squeezer. ;) I think it's actually dh's -- his parents gave it to him (from the J Peterman catalog, IIRC) -- but after all these years, I consider it mine. I use it for lemons and limes almost daily. Doesn't that sound crazy? But really, I use it all the time... I'd be lost without my teak lime squeezer. ;)

I also have a thing for whisks. I don't even need them all that often, but I just love a good whisk.

I would say my Bosch blender. I use it for so much. Homemade bread, pizza dough, muffins, etc. I keep it on the counter so I don't have to put it up at all.

However, I use my Magic Bullet several times a day. I grind up "greens" for our bearded dragons in it because it is just so simple to use and clean up. We make smoothies, pancakes and other things in it. Just love it even though I pondered for several years before getting one.

I also like my rice cooker and "Smartpot" crock cooker. I can load them in the morning and they automatically switch to warm when its time. We would probably eat out much more if not for these things.

I would say my chopper can....it's not a name brand but a family hand-me-down. My husband's grandmother used to use an old can for chopping her berries and a couple of years ago, my mother-in-law passed it on to me. Wow...did I feel priviledged to get that can! Sounds silly, but every time I use it I think of all the times she used it and all the memories attached to it.

I also have the iced tea pitcher that my mamaw used for sweet tea. I love serving my tea in it to my kids and telling about the times I had back with my grandparents.

These are must-haves in my kitchen that you can't put a price on but I would gladly give away everything in my kitchen for these 2 items.

My dh (he does most of the cooking)! :lol:

Other than that, I love my little coffee scoop because I know exactly how many scoops of coffee beans I need w/ it. It's an old Tupperware scoop (my grandmother sold Tupperware for years & years), and it's a neat reminder of my grandmother too.

We also use a good egg slicer a lot.

All our orange Alessi pieces in our kitchen are my favorites, even if I'm not the cook. I love my little orange Alessi kitchen timer because, when the unfortunate occasion arises & I have to cook, I definitely have to stick to using the timer (vs. burning the food). LOL. (Guess I should mention a fire extinguisher & a smoke alarm as important kitchen tools too? ;) And, no, I've never had to actually use the fire extinguisher on the food, even though we've heard our overly-sensitive smoke alarm quite a few times.)

I love my blemder and use it every day to make a frap...

Care to share your frap recipe?:D

I love my magic bullet, but it's not the name brand one. We got a name brand one, but it broke the first time we used it. So, when I returned it, we decided on the (cheaper) Sunbeam version, and I love it.

I have two right now that I don't like but my goodness, I need a good one. The safety edge one is not working as well as it used to and the regular one crimps my hand. I need a new one.

Other than that, I have to say that I'm loving the crockpot lately. I would not be able to live without a coffeepot and kettle. I'm simple

KitchenAid mixer, hands down. I started with the small one, as a gift from dh, but after seeing how much I use it, and considering the size of batches I make (I decorate cakes) we upgraded to the big KitchenAid Professional 600. We got an unbeatable deal on it around the holidays. I have the black one and I have to say I love it and it looks sharp in my kitchen. We gave my small one to my mother, which was a treat to be able to give her. It's perfect for what she does.

My 2nd pick is my cutco knife. I only own one cutco, it was a gift, but I can't imagine life without it. It's the one I turn to for nearly everything.

I really couldn't live without my fridge. Or the beer fridge...

But really, I love my food processor. It was a hand me down from my mom's best friend. She has since passed away, so it is even more special. She was like a second mom to me, and I miss her dearly. I use that food processor all the time. I also have my grandmother's Mixmaster. I use it a lot, but I would love a Kitchen Aide stand mixer. But I would still keep the mixmaster.

I love the chop can story. Very sweet.

My dh (he does most of the cooking)! :lol:

That's how it works in my house, too.

I, however, do all of the baking and I love my standing mixer. Unfortunately, the poor thing is circling the drain (as it were). Fortunately, I might be able to afford (and convince dh that we should pay for :tongue_smilie:) an upgrade.

And Elegant Lion (I'm so sorry; I haven't figured out how to quote more than one person at a time), my firefighters agree 100% with your icecream scoop answer. We probably have six in the station.