Menu

What is your Dog going to be for halloween?

Are you dressing up your dog for Halloween?

I have a 7 month old, 60 pound puppy. I was at Target and they had the cutest dog costumes. I was thinking of a shark costume because she likes to try and eat anything in her path (like a shark).

Or maybe a jail costume because she is constantly in trouble and being sent to her crate for a time out.

She's not a girly girl so no princess costume. :001_smile:

There is a dog costume parade at the dog park and I don't want her to be the only one without a costume.

Are you dressing up your dog for Halloween?

I have a 7 month old, 60 pound puppy. I was at Target and they had the cutest dog costumes. I was thinking of a shark costume because she likes to try and eat anything in her path (like a shark).

Or maybe a jail costume because she is constantly in trouble and being sent to her crate for a time out.

She's not a girly girl so no princess costume. :001_smile:

There is a dog costume parade at the dog park and I don't want her to be the only one without a costume.

Ours is going to be a soccer player this year. We have an old, old jersey that one of the kids wore when they were five and it fits her pretty well! We have a small soccer ball that we will somehow attach to her (via a harness under the jersey, maybe? We haven't figured that one out yet) --- she loves to kick it and it will add to the costume.

She was a banana once (store bought-- didn't work as she didn't like the hat/banana on her head so she wound up looking like a strange flower with just the peeled banana/skin on her back).

Could you rig up a Princess Fiona costume? That's 'ogre girly'. :D

You could make your own prisoner costume w/o having to buy one. T-shirt and black fabric paint with a cheapy plastic ball and chain around an 'ankle'!

We have fat Beagle Basset mix who has been Bat Dog for probably the past 6-7 years running. But he's developed a large mass under his leg, and while it's not sensitive, we try not to touch it too much. Plus, he's getting old and grouchy. I think we'll leave him his dignity this year out of respect.

Last year older DS was Superman so I made a cape for our dog to be Krypto. DS requested it, actually. She loved going trick or treating with us, so I hope to keep it up. DS is as yet undecided on his costume, so I haven't decided on the dog's. I may have to buy one if I don't figure it out soon. She isn't at all ladylike, so a tutu might be amusing. She does have a long pointed nose, so I've thought about buying fake fleece and doing a wolf in sheep's clothing. If DS goes as Aquaman, she would be a sea creature. Don't know which one or how, though.