Menu

Different sizes of clothes in your closet?

As I'm on WW yet again, I am thinking of how I want to get rid of the clothes as they become too big. I have 3 sizes of clothes in my closet. The biggest are what I fit into now, the middle is what I will get back into when my gained weight is lost, and the smallest (packed in a box) is what I would REALLY like to be in but I fear is unrealistic. Some of those jeans, for examples, are my favorites from about 6 years ago. I just can't get rid of them.

How common is it for women, or at least those of us on this board who choose to answer the question, have different sizes of clothing for yo-yo'ing weight loss/gain? I'm not talking about the pants you need for a few days because of bloating due to your cycle beginning. I'm talking about a set wardrobe for when you gain back weight you've lost, or for when you've lost weight that you gained.

I am not a keeper, but I ended up regretting it this year. 4 years ago I was a size 4, then I had my 3rd child and ended up gaining a lot. I ended up with sizes 4-12 in my closet. I threw out all the 4-6 thinking I would never get back down, my goal was an 8. I went through a personal crisis in January and dropped 35 pounds. (I can't eat when I am emotional) Now I have had to go buy 4-6. I have kept the weight off by just not snacking all day. We also have found a love for Hiking, even the 3 year old can make it 5 miles.

I have a whole new wardrobe waiting for when I lose 1-2 sizes. Some of them I have fit in previously, some I bought really cheap with some wishful thinking, like the Banana Republic cargo pants for .50. I'm also completely different sizes on top and bottoms, even at my ideal weight.

Everything I've kept is my style, so it's things I would buy again in a heartbeat. I don't have anything bigger, mainly because I purged when we moved and have stayed the same size since then.

Honestly...I just sent 8 bags of clothing to the recycle place. I only have clothes that fit now and shoes that I love in my closet. I'm honestly sick of thinking about dieting and said forget it. My dh loves me the way I am and it feels so good not to be stressing about dieting.

I had size 6-10 in my closet but recently got rid of the 6s. I used to fluctuate between size 6-8 but this past year I have had to add some 10s. Due to my back issue, I can't exercise and lose my middle pudge. I now fluctuate between an 8-10.

I got rid of all my 6s. I hope that someday I will get back down to a 6 and then...I will get to buy new clothes :0)

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

A few years ago I worked really hard to lose a vast majority of my baby weight that just never went away. I got down to wear I finally was able to buy a size in jeans and was ecstatic! I had started in 12's and worked down to 10's and then just started accumulating a few 8's here and there. Determined to never get back to the 12's I got rid of every single item that was a 12.

A few weeks later I started a new medication for BC and within six months was back up to the size 12 and had nothing to wear because I'd gotten rid of it all. I now have 10's and 12's because I choose to stay on these meds and am realistic about not getting back down to the 8's.

But I'm still really angry that I tossed all those 12's, because there were some very nice pieces in there that I've wished I still had. :glare:

Guest IdahoMtnMom

When I was in the hospital last fall, my (now ex) husband got rid of most of my clothes, along with the kids clothes and toys. When I got out, I was kind of out of proportion from months of being unable to walk and from thee ascites, so I was a size 8 in the middle with little stick let and arms. I evened out and got to walking and got into a 2... I am not solid at a 4... I have ALL of those left in my closet.

In the past few years I've lost a lot of weight. I've since regained some. When I lost weight, I got rid of lots of stuff. Much of it I didn't care for anyway. Frumpy and ugly stuff. Right now, I would love to have something like this with markings as to different weights (not toddler/kids' ages) ... but it is a bit embarrassing to say the least. Just a nice way to organize if no nosey people are visiting. :tongue_smilie:

il_570xN.222289377.jpg

Edited by Negin in Grenada

I had been dragging a ton of nice but too tight clothes around for years and years. My current house has a small closet that dh and I share :glare:, so I used that as an excuse to finally do something about it. I found all those 'too small' clothes to be an emotional burden for me. So I went through the whole closet, deciding if each thing was a *keep* or a *chunk*. I cleared out a bottom dresser drawer and folded the things I just couldn't part with. I gave the rest to Goodwill. Now, hanging in the closet are only things that fit right now. As I am slowly firming up, I occasionally open that drawer and try on a thing or two. That has given me hope and encouragement to find some of them fitting. Then they go to my closet. If I try on something that is too big and baggy, it goes to Goodwill, never to return. :D

Sigh! I will be ridding my closet of excess clothing in this next month. It is my next project. It shouldn't be all that hard. I have clothes packed in boxes by size. I only kept the nicest that would weather time fairly well. I have from size 2-16; each packed nicely in their own little box. That is a lot of boxes. It is time for them to go. I have offered my girls the smaller sizes. They took very little. :tongue_smilie: