Menu

Where to find an excessively frilly pink dress for dd

My dd's 3rd birthday is around the corner. I posted before about finally giving in to her princess demands. I am trying to find a pretty pink princess dress for her to wear for her party. Something special and not the cheap halloween costumes that rip after a couple wears. But something almost more along the line of a flower girl dress - frilly, pink, very girlish.

I just tried Etsy and didn't really have luck. I also tried Craig's list and Ebay. There were some possibilities on Ebay. I also plan to hit the local Goodwill to see if I can find something-even if I have to dye it pink myself.

I don't want to break the bank but I do want it to be special for her.

I was wondering if anyone here has a suggestion or place to look. Or is looking to sell off an old dress that might suit my needs. She's a 3t-4t.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I got DD4 a princess dress from here: My Dress Up Trunk.

I wanted something of much better quality and much more comfortable than Halloween type costumes. This company has gotten excellent reviews. I got DD the yellow Belle dress and it's held up very well (I just do not dry it...only wash it). For Christmas she'll be getting either the Cinderella dress or the red Belle one.

My 3 y/o dd has several over-the-top frilly flower girls dresses and I purchased them all for $2-$10 each at Once Upon a Child. I'd check there or a similar used kids' clothing store. They've all been through the wash countless times and are all doing just fine. The cheap Halloween costume kind of fancy dresses all tend to fall apart very quickly for us.

I ordered a couple of Cinderella dresses from JC Penney for a reasonable price when my girls were 3-4. In my case, I was looking for baptism dresses, but there is a varied selection, and I'm sure some are pink. I've also seen this brand at TJ Maxx. The quality is nice and your little one would feel "real princess-y" compared to a Halloween costume or dress-up trunk.

Go to stores frequented by Hispanic clientele - including checking Goodwills in heavily latino areas. Special occasion dresses for little girls in latino communities is very fancy/frilly/lacy - far more so than what you'll find at Target or Macys which (at least in my area) cater to largely white/middle class clientele.

Lower end department stores like JC Penney that are bilingual in their signage are where I went for very frilly/pretty dresses for DD when she was younger. The higher end brands and department stores were more Boden-esque (think british fashion) which was not what I wanted for DD's easter dress as a toddler.

ETA: Here is Penney's current line-up of fancy girl dresses - Cindarella Brand Gowns for Girls

Edited by Sevilla

Go to stores frequented by Hispanic clientele - including checking Goodwills in heavily latino areas. Special occasion dresses for little girls in latino communities is very fancy/frilly/lacy - far more so than what you'll find at Target or Macys which (at least in my area) cater to largely white/middle class clientele.

Lower end department stores like JC Penney that are bilingual in their signage are where I went for very frilly/pretty dresses for DD when she was younger. The higher end brands and department stores were more Boden-esque (think british fashion) which was not what I wanted for DD's easter dress as a toddler.

ETA: Here is Penney's current line-up of fancy girl dresses - Cindarella Brand Gowns for Girls

:iagree:

If you go the poofy Mexican dress route, try the swap meet.

I recently found some pretty dress up clothes at our local Salvation Army store. At our location, Wednesdays are half off clothing day. I found this beautiful ivory junior bridesmaid dress for my 10 yo for $7. Many stores may have clearanced out their Easter/Spring dresses so you may have a hard time finding them in regular stores. I once found a flower girl dress at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for $15 that had originally been $60. It was white.

Good luck!