Menu

Well, it's official!

We're going from 3 kids to 5 kids as of tomorrow. We had a wonderful visit yesterday with two darling little girls (ages 10 mo. and 2 1/2 yrs) and if all goes well, they'll be calling us "Mommy" and "Daddy"! We're having a "long" weekend with them, and if everyone is agreeable, we'll just keep them after that. Everyone thinks we're nuts ("you have a wonderful family, why upset the apple cart?", "Do you really know what you're doing?" "Oh my, you're going to have a lot more work!"), and maybe we are, but we believe that God is leading us in this direction, we believe that children are a blessing from the Lord, and so that's where we're going. The kids went crazy last night when we told them. DD ran around the couches yelling, "Baby sister, baby sister". It was so cute. Today we're a little out of sorts - nervous, tired from getting to bed waaay too late last night, and excitement. I'm trying to just be calm, but I'm nervous, too, along with washing car seat upholstery that was in the attic and sorting clothes and trying to figure out what to feed a 10 month old. Pray for us!

We're going from 3 kids to 5 kids as of tomorrow. We had a wonderful visit yesterday with two darling little girls (ages 10 mo. and 2 1/2 yrs) and if all goes well, they'll be calling us "Mommy" and "Daddy"! We're having a "long" weekend with them, and if everyone is agreeable, we'll just keep them after that. Everyone thinks we're nuts ("you have a wonderful family, why upset the apple cart?", "Do you really know what you're doing?" "Oh my, you're going to have a lot more work!"), and maybe we are, but we believe that God is leading us in this direction, we believe that children are a blessing from the Lord, and so that's where we're going. The kids went crazy last night when we told them. DD ran around the couches yelling, "Baby sister, baby sister". It was so cute. Today we're a little out of sorts - nervous, tired from getting to bed waaay too late last night, and excitement. I'm trying to just be calm, but I'm nervous, too, along with washing car seat upholstery that was in the attic and sorting clothes and trying to figure out what to feed a 10 month old. Pray for us!

Congratulations! Hope it all goes wonderfully!

:party:

and

:drool:

I'd love more!! Praying it goes great for you and your little ones!!!!

ETA - That's a drool thing on the second smiley... looks kinds weird...like and upset-stomach-smiley...but it's drool...covetous drool over your impending awesome blessing!!!! :-))