Menu

Thinking Putty from Timberdoodle

I just placed a Timberdoodle order and couldn't resist ordering some thinking putty for my kids to use during school time and also got the magnetic one as a birthday gift for the boy I tutor.

Has anyone else bought any recently? Do your kids love it? It looks like such fun that I just couldn't resist buying some.

We love Thinking Putty! We have four tins now, I guess we're addicted. We keep them in our library and play with them during audiobooks or read-alouds.

We love Scarab best so far (out of the ones we have). The color-touch ones seem fun at first, but the color-shifting illusions are more riveting. Magnet looks so much fun too. I want their glow-in-the-dark, but would order straight from their site to get the little light flashlight.

post-8662-13535085362323_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535085362323_thumb.jpg

We love Thinking Putty! We have four tins now, I guess we're addicted. We keep them in our library and play with them during audiobooks or read-alouds.

We love Scarab best so far (out of the ones we have). The color-touch ones seem fun at first, but the color-shifting illusions are more riveting. Magnet looks so much fun too. I want their glow-in-the-dark, but would order straight from their site to get the little light flashlight.

Scarab is one of the colors I ordered. Good to hear it's a favorite!

Would this be something that would be good for a slightly ocd person to use while reading, to keep them from picking? Just wondering. . . . .

I think it would be perfect for someone like that. My son drives me crazy with his fidgeting/picking, and I bought it mainly with him in mind.

I got some a few weeks ago for my son to keep in the car. It helps him to bug his sisters all the time because he's bored. We love it! I got him the glow in the dark but I think I'll get the girls the illusions ones. I'll be getting them their own because they are so jealous!

OMGoodness thank you for posting this!!! I wasn't aware of this and I am giddy with excitement. I may break the bank purchasing this stuff. I'm even thinking about buying in bulk from Crazy Aaron's site and putting it in my own containers to give as gifts.

I was thinking the same thing! I thought how it's the perfect gift for friends' kids for Christmas or birthday parties, or as an extra bonus for the kids that house/pet sit while we're on vacation, etc... So many possibilities... :willy_nilly:

I now have a tin in my Amazon cart. For myself. :D

I'm planning on using it when my husband wants me to watch a movie with him. He doesn't like it when I crochet because he doesn't think I'm paying attention, and sitting for two hours without my hands moving is torture!

Watch out for when it gets older & used lots - it gets VERY sticky!!! Icky, nasty, stuck to everything sticky.

Before that it was super-cool, though! :D

Funny story - my 7yo for some reason was playing with the last of his very sticky magnetic thinking putty in bed one evening & suddenly comes rushing into the computer area sobbing & looking like a mack truck ran over his face. He had decided it would be a good idea to cover his eye with the thinking putty - like a pirate patch!!! It got stuck, and he spent awhile in the bathroom trying to get it off. So, by the time he came to me - his face was red from scrubbing and his eyelid was black from thinking putty. He begged me to help - and I made him let me take a picture before I'd do it (I was laughing SO hard, too!). Seriously?? THAT was a good idea??? rofl. Anyhow, it took me half an hour or so to scrape most of that stuff off - and to the trash went anything that was left over!!