Menu

Facial hair (question for my mom)

My mom has facial hair....lots on her chin.

She also has some eye sight problems so it is getting harder and harder to tweeze them.

She just called and asked me about this product:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Hair-Removal-Unit-Pink/dp/B002LBK5QU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311879666&sr=8-2

I read her the reviews and told her the price. She doesn't get on a computer so she had no idea.

Any similar item that will work but is less cost????

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dawn

I don't know about the product you linked but I'd suggest going to a nice hair salon and have them wax her chin. That should last about four or five weeks and it's not expensive. Maybe about $15 a visit.

ETA: After reading the reviews there is no way I'd buy that item.

I don't know about the product you linked but I'd suggest going to a nice hair salon and have them wax her chin. That should last about four or five weeks and it's not expensive. Maybe about $15 a visit.

ETA: After reading the reviews there is no way I'd buy that item.

Yep, I would suggest waxing too.

Another suggestion is to get a home sugaring kit. Sugaring is definitely better for the skin. The sugar doesn't attach to the skin the way regular waxing does. Plus, it doesn't get as hot as regular wax does. A really good brand is Moom. It is all organic and you can even order it from Vitacost at really reasonable prices.

but a question about waxing...

for those of us with a little more natural facial hair than others...and then those constant hairs we need to tweeze..will waxing leave a 'line' where there's no hair compared to where there is hair? does that make sense?

Yeah, NO WAY she will pay anything even remotely close to that cost for this.

Dawn

Laser hair removal!! Best thing ever, especially with the darker, thicker facial hairs! I'm just outside NYC so it's more expensive here, but even at $250 a treatment, for what it is I think is very reasonable.

I will ask her if she would try a home waxing kit. My guess is that she will say it is too hard to figure out, but I will see.

She lives 2000 miles from me, so I can't help her and she isn't one to try too many things she considers "complicated." And honestly, pretty much anything new is complicating to her. :rolleyes:

Dawn

I honestly don't think she will GO anywhere. My dad doesn't drive as much anymore and my mom doesn't drive at all. They are retired missionaries who rarely spend much money and live in a retirement community.

She does care about this as they often have visitors and they do go to church twice a week and to the retirement home dining hall often. But as far as going out much, they don't. They have a hair dresser who comes to the retirement center who only does hair. They have groceries delivered often instead of going, etc.....

I appreciate the suggestions but I really don't think she is open to having to go out to get this done every few weeks.

Dawn

Our middle dd has PCOS and thyroid issues-- her testosterone levels are off the chart for a woman and her estrogen levels are near zero without bio-identical supplements! ... needless to say she has to shave at least TWICE per day--- light skin and DARK hairs on face (uni-brow, upper lip, chin, sideburns and worst of all front of neck).

Call around as laser hair removal prices vary considerably! We found a salon near her college that will charge $120 per treatment for face/neck. DD will need a treatment every 6 weeks and it will take 5-8 treatments... but it is so worth it for dd's self-esteem.

Another salon with the same laser type (worker had FEWER years experience) was charging $2000 for the front-neck alone (6 treatments!).