Menu

Who's on Google+?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my new favourite comprehensive G+ guide. While it's not written for photographers, most of the information applies to all users.

http://www.colbybrownphotography.com/blog/google-the-survival-guide-for-a-photographers-paradise/

Okay, I'm trying to do this. I've joined and now it wants me to add people to my circles. The suggestions are people I don't know. Well, I know one, but he is not someone I want to add.

So, is there anyone who wants to be in my circle? I'll just leave that page open until I get a brave volunteer. :lol:

I've got to get some IRL friends who like technology.

Okay, I'm trying to do this. I've joined and now it wants me to add people to my circles. The suggestions are people I don't know. Well, I know one, but he is not someone I want to add.

So, is there anyone who wants to be in my circle? I'll just leave that page open until I get a brave volunteer. :lol:

I want to be in your circle but have absolutely no idea how to find anyone.

:(

I want to be in your circle but have absolutely no idea how to find anyone.

:(

I'm on there as Chucki T and the parrot we all know and love is my avatar photo there as well.

PM me your name and I'll add you while I'm adding. I keep flipping back and forth. Eventually I'll get to the end of this thread.

I'm on there as Chucki T and the parrot we all know and love is my avatar photo there as well.

PM me your name and I'll add you while I'm adding. I keep flipping back and forth. Eventually I'll get to the end of this thread.

I found you. I'm the Maria in the white dress.

i just had my husband set up an account for me. i *think* this is it: https://plus.google.com/101713425919715415343/posts

i have no idea how to add people though...so please add me:)

I've got you in my TWTM circle. Now look for the little red box in the top right. You should be able to click on it and add me back.

You don't have to have me in one of your circles, you just have to have someone I've circled in your circles.

Are you the Robin B who just asked about shoes? If not I've friended a total stranger. And given great shoe advice to boot.

OH! The link is working now.

You don't have to have me in one of your circles, you just have to have someone I've circled in your circles.

Apparently neither of those things have happened. I still can't get it open. :001_smile:

ETA *Waving frantically* It works now! Yeah!

Edited by Parrothead

So, I clicked people from the link and added them. But this doesn't mean they will add me. So...how does that work? If I add them as friends but they don't add me, I don't see their feeds, right? Like on FB?

They will get a notice that you've circled them and have the chance to circle you back. If they don't circle you back, you will still see any post they share publicly. If they do circle you back, you will see any post they share with whatever circle they put you in. Clear as mud?

so do i need to make my own circle for TWTM or can i join a circle that already exist? I see you, but I'm not sure where to put you, lol.

I made my own. I'm not sure it can be done any other way--but I've been on this for all of two days. :001_unsure:

Oh, and I'm Darla Sowders over there if anyone wants to add me. :001_smile:

I'd love to know other homeschoolers who are on G+ to add to my homeschool circle. :) Is anybody on and tinkering with it who would be willing to connect?

LOVE this idea!! I'm on it and excited about it--still tinkering, but have figured enough out to like it way better than FB. But, that could be just a personal preference:). The "hangout" feature is really great--works well. Anyway, I'll pm you! And create a homeschool circle:).

got it.

it's too bad there isn't a circle we can all join, as opposed to having to add every single person, ykwim?

I think the only way to do that would be to add the entire population of TWTM forums as a group. But we have a lot of members who post once or twice or 50 times never to be heard from again.

I think the only way to do that would be to add the entire population of TWTM forums as a group. But we have a lot of members who post once or twice or 50 times never to be heard from again.

And then there are those of us who never shut up. And never really leave. :lol:

Can somebody add me to TWTM circle? I like the idea of having seperate social circles: TWTM, family, friends, kids schools, etc. TIA

Google+ circles aren't like fb groups. It's more like fb friends lists. You aren't added to a group, but rather you create a circle.

Go to the circles page (little icon at the top of your page) and create a circle called WTM. Then go to this list and add all of us to that circle.

Now, when you go to google+, you can click on your WTM circle (listed in the left hand column) and see what we're all talking about. When you post something that you only want the WTM boardies to see, you click on "+Add circles or people to share with..." and choose your WTM circle.

Oh and make sure you add yourself to the list so we know which circle to add you to!

Edited by Oak Knoll Mom

I am trying to get into this and away from FB a bit. Just joined Kristen Adamowicz (Delaney is my younger DD, and when I ventured into the internet world she had just been born, and I used her name as my screen name all over since I was so smitten with her:D). I think I have located a lot of you including SWB. Now just looking for some news:tongue_smilie:

OK, so I realized that while I may go on here and "find" a bunch of you, if you don't know who I am, it might be kind of weird to see that I added you to a circle. LOL So if you get a notification that a Kirsten is "after" you, have no fear. Just trying to build up a homeschooling circle:). My profile pic is a black-and-white of me as a bald-headed infant:).

Edited by Kertie

Before I sign up, I have a question:

When people from one circle respond to a post you make public, can everyone in other circles see it?

This is the whole reason I left FB--I could NOT keep my family/professional separate, and things family would say were completely inappropriate for my professional connections to see.