Menu

Have y'all ever seen the show I Shouldn't Be Alive?

Cynic Warning:

Of course you shouldn't be alive! OMGness! How can people be so stupid?

Dh is sleeping, dd is playing at a friends. I'm sitting here being lazy and trying to keep cool.

I'm on my 3rd episode. The first was about a guy who got lost, fell off a mountain in the Sierra Nevadas. Just ever so casually the narrator mentions how "Bob" didn't check the weather before he left on his lonely adventure. Snow storm = eventually falling off the mountain.

Second episode. Lady lost in the Grand Canyon. Narrator ever so casually mentions how the backpack with all the water and food and shelter is now getting heavy. Lady ditches the backpack and continues walking aimlessly around the canyon.

Now the third episode. Family lost in the AZ desert. They are in a perfectly usable vehicle and eventually come to a dry riverbed. Instead of doing the sensible thing and turning around to find out where they went wrong the man decides that he can get the 2-wheel drive truck down the bank and across the river bed. Instead of taking it at an angle, he drove straight down and hung up the bumper so the back wheels are spinning. I'm counting two strikes against these parents.

I ought to change the channel.

Edited by Parrothead

I think I've seen all the episodes of that show. Some of the decisions the people make are pretty unbelievable. I couldn't fathom why the woman left the backpack with her food and water or why the guy attempted to cross the river bed.

Stop yourself before they drive you crazy because it really doesn't get any better!

Cindy

I saw one where the owner of a small plane decided to stock children's life jackets instead of adult ones. Well he crashed into the Gulf of California, of course, during a terrible storm, which I'm sure he probably shouldn't have been flying in at all. He ended up stranding himself, his father, his best friend, and his best friend's father without proper flotation and they spent the day and night and I think the next day just trying to breathe. Children's life jackets? Really?

I saw one where the owner of a small plane decided to stock children's life jackets instead of adult ones. Well he crashed into the Gulf of California, of course, during a terrible storm, which I'm sure he probably shouldn't have been flying in at all. He ended up stranding himself, his father, his best friend, and his best friend's father without proper flotation and they spent the day and night and I think the next day just trying to breathe. Children's life jackets? Really?

What the heck are these people thinking? :lol:

Is that the same show that has stories of people being victims of others? I saw a trailer for a tv show, and I was thinking it was that one, where a few people were talking about being knifed, tied up, tortured. I was freaked out. What show is that?

Second episode. Lady lost in the Grand Canyon. Narrator ever so casually mentions how the backpack with all the water and food and shelter is now getting heavy. Lady ditches the backpack and continues walking aimlessly around the canyon.

In defense of this lady, one of the things that happens with dehydration is disorientation and poor judgment. This kind of thing happens to people here in the desert, too. They get dehydrated and wander off, making it harder for rescuers to find them.

Wendi

What about the one with the parents and their baby get their car stuck in the snow and then leave it because they think they can walk out. Then the husband leaves his wife and baby in a cave to find help. I am crying now just thinking about it. AAAHHH when are my hormones going to back to normal.

The craziest ones I have seen were: the one with the 3 guys in the Amazon (one of them does not make it) and the one with the couple who get lost in the San Jacinto mountains and find the corpse of another lost backpacker.

Was the couple newly wed? Newly weds survive a plane crash episode at 10pm. Seems this is going to be on all day.

What about the one with the parents and their baby get their car stuck in the snow and then leave it because they think they can walk out. Then the husband leaves his wife and baby in a cave to find help. I am crying now just thinking about it. AAAHHH when are my hormones going to back to normal.

They made a movie out of that... The guy that played Doogie Hauser played the man.

We watch those on occassion. Some are ridiculous and you just hope that those people are smarter now. Some though I feel for - the exes that become violent or the ones who became victims while at work (store robberies and such). One that still sends chills to me is the one where a young girl discovers the bf is actually a serial killer. I can't believe how some went asking for help while injured and no one would help or even take time to call police after turning them away. COme on, at least call the police. And, after a couple of stories, I am glad bears don't live nearby. The one that stands out most, because ds is a train freak, is the one where a guy working in a rail yard stops a chemical filled car on the loose so that it wouldn't cause more damage to more people and the community. He is now blind and nearly deaf and partially paralized. Brave.

New episode: Father and daughter are snowmobiling 700km to a camp. The first night they are about an hour before sunset and get to the motel. The place doesn't have a pool so the daughter begs her dad to take them to the next motel 1.5 hours away because it has a pool.

Yeah, that isn't working out well for them.

We watch those on occassion. Some are ridiculous and you just hope that those people are smarter now. Some though I feel for - the exes that become violent or the ones who became victims while at work (store robberies and such). One that still sends chills to me is the one where a young girl discovers the bf is actually a serial killer. I can't believe how some went asking for help while injured and no one would help or even take time to call police after turning them away. COme on, at least call the police. And, after a couple of stories, I am glad bears don't live nearby. The one that stands out most, because ds is a train freak, is the one where a guy working in a rail yard stops a chemical filled car on the loose so that it wouldn't cause more damage to more people and the community. He is now blind and nearly deaf and partially paralized. Brave.

I haven't seen any of those.

Is that the same show that has stories of people being victims of others? I saw a trailer for a tv show, and I was thinking it was that one, where a few people were talking about being knifed, tied up, tortured. I was freaked out. What show is that?

That one is on Discovery and it's called "I Survived". I like that one, although it sometimes has the people who get lost in a snow storm or some such thing, too.

That one is on Discovery and it's called "I Survived". I like that one, although it sometimes has the people who get lost in a snow storm or some such thing, too.

Ah! I knew it was something to do with 'ive'.. as it rhyming from alive and survive. :lol:

I would never be able to watch that show. I would have nightmares!!

I think that was the one I watched last week where one guy was mauled by a lioness and another was trapped under a jeep which had been charged by an elephant.

Lady lost in the Grand Canyon. Narrator ever so casually mentions how the backpack with all the water and food and shelter is now getting heavy. Lady ditches the backpack and continues walking aimlessly around the canyon.

:lol::lol::lol: or :svengo::svengo::svengo:

I can't decide!

New episode: Father and daughter are snowmobiling 700km to a camp. The first night they are about an hour before sunset and get to the motel. The place doesn't have a pool so the daughter begs her dad to take them to the next motel 1.5 hours away because it has a pool.

Yeah, that isn't working out well for them.

And they GO?! What's WRONG with him?!