Menu

Anyone else need an emotional release thread today?

Due to certain family situations and extenuating circumstances I am emotionally drained this morning and feeling sorry for myself. I know that is neither productive nor conducive to good health so I am going to try to work through it.

I need to find an appropriate catharsis today. Bike riding? Not physical enough. House cleaning? Nah. Maybe I should go beat the living daylights out of a tennis ball.

What I really want to do is eat a chocolate cake. That, however, would mean blowing my no carb-sugar-gluten-dairy diet and I do not want to blow 7 weeks of hard work.

So I will cyber yell here for a moment.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:grouphug:

I'm under massive amounts of stress for things out of my control. I usually relieve stress by gardening but it's been raining here all week :( I'm hoping that I'll be able to carve out an hour tonight to get on the eliptical. If not, I'm afraid I might just sit and cry in the corner. And find some chocolate.

I'm under massive amounts of stress for things out of my control. I usually relieve stress by gardening but it's been raining here all week :( I'm hoping that I'll be able to carve out an hour tonight to get on the eliptical. If not, I'm afraid I might just sit and cry in the corner. And find some chocolate.

@Teachinmine - I heard you way over here in IL!!!

I am there with you today. I won't go into all of it--suffice it to say that several Really Big Things are going on and will be hanging on for a long while yet, plus I have many events to prepare for this weekend (house showings, family visits, dd's graduation, etc.). I'm feeling tearful.

On the desire for chocolate: This has always been my biggest struggle when stressed. When I was at my sickest, on the same diet you are on currently, I found that eating something spicy or strongly-flavored in some way would sometimes scratch the itch. For example, I might fry up a couple shrimp or cut up chicken with some cajun seasoning and have a salad--something about the intense flavor of the cajun seasoning helped.

I am there with you today. I won't go into all of it--suffice it to say that several Really Big Things are going on and will be hanging on for a long while yet, plus I have many events to prepare for this weekend (house showings, family visits, dd's graduation, etc.). I'm feeling tearful.

:grouphug: I totally understand. On the desire for chocolate: This has always been my biggest struggle when stressed. When I was at my sickest, on the same diet you are on currently, I found that eating something spicy or strongly-flavored in some way would sometimes scratch the itch. For example, I might fry up a couple shrimp or cut up chicken with some cajun seasoning and have a salad--something about the intense flavor of the cajun seasoning helped.

I so get the intense flavor thing. I have been satisfying my craving for sweets with 100% grape juice. It works (sometimes). Not right now, though.

--

Scrubbing on the bathroom is not helping. The silence is making my brooding worse.

I am going to try concentrating on the things I can control. How clean my house will be when family arrives is under my control. What they say about it is not. Making sure DS completes his schoolwork before his Boy Scout campout tonight is kind of under my control. What the family says about hsing is not. Taking DS to shop for the groceries for the campout is under my control. Having the boys complain about the menu is not (they voted on it). Loving on my DD and letting her know I stand beside her is under my control. What other people say is not.

(and Pandora plays on!!!)

Missing my dh (he's living halfway across the country and in a new job -- we'll follow when the house sells) and, until just a couple of hours ago, dealing with a nasty headache.

Could definitely use a primal scream and some 21st century chocolate.

:grouphug: Hope you have a good virtual scream and enjoy some very real chocolate. :)

I'm having one of those days myself. :grouphug:

We are behind in school and I had a weekend mapped out. Instead, it has been raging headache and vomiting. I am weakly better, but further behind.

And I must remember to find that horrid spray bottle of "fresh cotton" smelling lysol hubby keeps blasting and make him eat it. It makes my head worse and it makes me puke (which makes him run in a spray more).

I so get the intense flavor thing. I have been satisfying my craving for sweets with 100% grape juice. It works (sometimes). Not right now, though.

--

Scrubbing on the bathroom is not helping. The silence is making my brooding worse.

I am going to try concentrating on the things I can control. How clean my house will be when family arrives is under my control. What they say about it is not. Making sure DS completes his schoolwork before his Boy Scout campout tonight is kind of under my control. What the family says about hsing is not. Taking DS to shop for the groceries for the campout is under my control. Having the boys complain about the menu is not (they voted on it). Loving on my DD and letting her know I stand beside her is under my control. What other people say is not.

(and Pandora plays on!!!)

This is a great post. Thank you.