Menu

Sum it up if you can. THE MAIN reason you

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Our son's preschool teacher pinched little boys who wouldn't conform (read: sit quietly in circle time, line up, and transition between activities well) on the inner thighs and upper arms. At age 3 1/2, our child hated school.

:ohmy: I hope she is not still teaching!

For dear son, I think the main reason was because he is an Aspie, and the school environment was difficult to him. My reason for him was that and to give him a WTM education--to "read things that mattered."

For dd--I had read Pocketful of Pinecones, and I wanted to protect her innocence. I said it was because she could read already, but that is not the real reason. I didn't get to teach her preschool, like I did my two boys, and I missed her. So protecting her and missing her were probably equal.

My 7 year old has sensory processing disorder and preschool did not go well. After trying to set up a workable environment with the kindergarten and the school being unable to help, we knew homeschool was the best option.

So, basically, it's all my middle child's fault ;)

DH and I, despite being at opposite ends of the school-sanctioned learning spectrum (he has LDs and I was considered highly gifted), agree that neither of us ever learned anything in school. He was ignored and I was used as a tutor.

The only time I ever got detention in school was for reading in class.

In addition to that one, I also got in trouble for talking. I wish I had a dollar for every time a teacher told me "We are not here to socialize!" considering that is one of the top reasons people think kids should be in school. :tongue_smilie: