Menu

anyone else not do their taxes yet?

Maybe this should go in the "confessions" thread from yesterday! Today is 4/14 and I haven't even gotten all of our paperwork together yet. I know I have until the 18th this year, but I've never been this late before! Fortunately ours aren't that difficult but it still takes time that I don't have this year. I guess it will be a day of cartoon-watching for the kids!

Maybe this should go in the "confessions" thread from yesterday! Today is 4/14 and I haven't even gotten all of our paperwork together yet. I know I have until the 18th this year, but I've never been this late before! Fortunately ours aren't that difficult but it still takes time that I don't have this year. I guess it will be a day of cartoon-watching for the kids!

Don't feel bad; sis and I usually get ours done by early Feb, and I just finished mine yesterday, and she's still working on hers! I spent last week replacing paperwork that I had lost. I've never been this scatterbrained or late before.

Don't worry -- you'll get it done. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone!;)

My husband is self-employed, and he files an extension every year. :tongue_smilie:

Daughter of a tax accountant. By default I file an extension every year on or about this date. :) Taxes are done by the end of June for us. It works -- the company I worked for had a fiscal year end of June 30, which always gave me time to myself towards the end of June. Now with homeschooling, we're scheduled to be done on June 8, so June still works for my life. I'm very grateful the IRS rules let me utilize time when it works best for me. Keeps the stress level down...

Nope - not done yet, and I'm an accountant (or was, before I became a mom)! Dreading this, avoiding it, and wanting to just bury my head in the sand. Instead, I'll start hunkering down and try to knock it out without an extension.

So glad I'm not the only one!

We e-filed ours last night.

It usually gets done earlier around here. Our taxes are fairly simple since we moved to Florida, and we usually knock it out by mid-February. I'm not sure why we stalled so long this year, except that we've been busy the last couple of months looking for a new house to rent and researching and buying a new car.

Anyway, it's done, and I'm content.

Me! I hate this time of year. It is especially more difficult for me since the dissolution of my mom's estate will create a bigger tax bill for us. I'll have to estimate, pay some tax and file an extension until I can find a tax accountant I can trust. I usually do ours (all by myself, I might add because DH never did his own - his dad did them - even as an adult.) But I can't make heads or tails from this inheritance stuff.

Next year, I have to have them done really early in the year due to FAFSA and scholarship stuff for ds.

Federal, yes, state, no. Fortunately LA has a May 15 deadline so I still have another month. I dread the state one far more than the fed - we've had past problems with the tax software calculating wrong on it and owing some along with penalty and interest, and then last year, ours was randomly selected for review which then delayed our refund.

WHAT???? WAIT!!! THE 18TH???? HOLY COW, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH RELIEF YOU JUST GAVE ME!

My husband is self-employed, and he files an extension every year. :tongue_smilie:

It really drives me crazy. (So no, ours won't be done for quite a while!)

Us too although my goal is to actually file on time this year, especially now that I know I have until the 18th! Yahoo!

Here, too.

I think this is the first year we won't be getting a refund, though...not looking forward to that.

DH had free movie passes, so he took the kiddos to a movie so I can finish ours up. I'm waiting for some documents to print, then I should be just about finished. I don't know why I waited until the last minute this year. Our taxes are not unusually complicated, so they don't take too much time or grueling work.

I have a panic attack every time I think about it. A couple of days ago I gathered all the paperwork, and last night I tried to log into turbotax but it crashed. I may get the fortitude to try again today. I think I am missing one form but I can always amend my return, right?

:iagree:

DH is self-employed too, and we do an extension every year - both for the K1 and the 1040...CPA does the taxes, corporate and personal, I just do a preliminary of our personal forms for my own peace of mind and then compare to what he comes up with since he handles the corporate stuff all year, which I have no clue what's what, just read the statements monthly - LOL!