Menu

Is it worth the $$ to buy a Wii if its primary purpose would be...

...get the whole family more active. I would definitely use it for PE; EK hates all sports. She's never even learned to ride a bike :001_huh:; for some reason, she was absolutely terrified to try when she was younger--might've had something to do with witnessing some of ER's more spectacular crashes, which he alone thought were "cool". :) She's a very "girlie" girl, and doesn't like to get sweaty or dirty. :rolleyes: Anything I can do to get her up and moving more would be good. And of course, dh & I could certainly use the exercise too.

Edited by ereks mom

We recently got the Wii Fit Plus, and it's been a winner around here for the whole family. It's surprising what a great workout you get from it. The kids are much more active, and don't even mind it because it's fun and motivating. I think it's been worth it, but we already had the Wii, so we didn't have that expense.

Definitely, in conjunction with the Wii Fit! I love to set my kids loose on it when the weather is bad outside. The Wii sports (which was the game that came with our system) is pretty great on it's own too. My kids still put that one in and play it frequently. They love the tennis, golf and bowling.

I'm so glad I read this thread tonight! Why in the world didn't i ever think of using the Wii for P.E.? We have the Wii already, so now I'm going to have to add Wii Fit to the curriculum list for next year.

Hot dang!!

:laugh:

Blessings,

Lucinda

We just bought it and we've definitely been using it for fitness. We have the Wii Fit Plus and one of the sports packages. My ds LOVES video games of any kind and there are a lot of fun things with the Wii Fit. He loves one of the Basic Run Plus activities where you jog following a kitten around. He gets all excited when it opens up new trails and he will do it 4 or 5 times in a row.

Um, yeah. That's why we bought ours. And I really should dust off that Wii Fit board one of these days. ;)

Actually I came home from a doctor appointment one day and found ds using Wii Fit. There are some fun activities on it. And even without Fit, there's the sports that I think comes with it - bowling, baseball, golf and tennis.

Our Wii these days gets more of the sit on the couch kind of use than when we first got it.