Menu

Raise your hand if you have bought curriculum, sold it, and then re-bought it!

DawnM

I hate it when I do this!

I am looking at what I need to buy for our next school year (which will start in the summer).

I wish I hadn't sold some things a couple of years back.....I need them now!

Re-purchasing!

UGH!,

Dawn

yep, guilty. it's so irritating. thankfully, it doesn't happen often. i sold R&S english 2 after my daughter completed it. she uses BJU now & it's perfect for her. i was sure i wanted to use CLE LA with my son (and switch him to BJU in grade 3) - so i sold the R&S english 2. thank god i saved R&S english 3, lol. low & behold, we will be using R&S english 2 with my son next year. what's worse? i had already purchased CLE LA & just sold it ...that was a financial jab too. ugh. we switched to R&S phonics though & it is workbook based. to use CLE alongside it would have simply been way too much for my little man. by switching fully to R&S with him now, we can do the grammar orally & the phonics workbooks won't seem so overwhelming next year. so all and all, i'm okay with it and the financial loss wasn't too terrible.

:banghead:

Yep, way too many times.

Count me in!! I wish I could afford to hoard but I'm usually needing to sell what's not working just so I can pay for the switch. :glare:

Currently I'm wanting to unload our Lightning Lit 7 & 8 which I did not like. But I'm really hesitating. It's quite possible in 5 years I'll want to give it another shot. Ugh! But I need money for next year's books. Ugh!

That would require me to actually SELL what we're not using, rather than hording it "just in case." Which, honestly, I really, REALLY need to do

:iagree: And of course out of the VERY few things I've ever sold (ummm....like 2 things) I needed to rebuy one....less than 6 months later! :tongue_smilie: Which just gave me a reason to be even more of a hoarder!!!

Well, I sold SL 2 thinking I wouldn't need it again and now I have a child who needs it.

I also sold AAS because I just never used it.....now I have decided I WILL use it and will have to re-purchase.

I am selling my WP stuff though,.....it just isn't "us."

Dawn

I have! Apologia Astronomy and I'm ready to sell it again ;) I'm debating whether or not to hang on to it for my youngest, but after 2 attempts I have yet to actually get through that book!

I couldn't get through it the first time either. Sold it. And thinking I'll end up buying it again in a few years. My 3rd son is loving Zoology I and wants to do them all. :glare:

I have! Apologia Astronomy and I'm ready to sell it again ;) I'm debating whether or not to hang on to it for my youngest, but after 2 attempts I have yet to actually get through that book!

I couldn't get through it the first time either. Sold it. And thinking I'll end up buying it again in a few years. My 3rd son is loving Zoology I and wants to do them all. :glare:

Hah! I couldn't get through it the first time either and now DD is making me do it! :lol:

I feel like pitching it too though!:glare:

I am looking for SOMETHING ELSE after we slog through it.

Must start a thread - "If I DON'T Like Apologia Astronomy, I'll Love...?"

I just sold some things that are not going to work for my dd and hoping I won't need it for my son in a few years.

Then I wonder if I should hold on to my SL since I can do both kids using the same SL. Who knows I just might have another one-:glare: and then what would I do if I got rid of them:ohmy:

I have the opposite problem. I'm never sure if I'll need something again so I keep it until it's so outdated no one will want it! I just bought two more bookshelves to hold all my stuff! Ugh! :blushing:

:iagree: This is totally more my style ;).

:seeya:

TOG multiple times. :blushing: A couple other things too. :001_rolleyes:

I have been feeling a curriculum junkie mode coming over me and I have even made several charts of the different programs I want to use for different years. (This is a semi-annual hobby of mine :tongue_smilie:) I decided to no longer allow myself to sell curriculum, which is how I fund this flip-flopping. Buying retail and selling wholesale, then rebuying retail just isn't working for me.:glare:

I've lost my entire library twice now fleeing a domestic abuse/stalking situation :-( I've been at my current address over 2 years now and have the absolutest bestest library ever, and am like a little piggy rolling in poop. I think almost every day about what if I have to start all over AGAIN.

But...life throws us curve balls and we can NEVER predict the future...so...we just gotta plug along and keep moving. We make the best choices we can in the moment with the information we currently have.

Even before the divorce, when my boys were still schooling (I'm currently self-educating) I gave away Saxon and Henle and then had to rebuy them. I recently rebought Saxon AGAIN and chuckle to myself as I look at the Henle :-) I bought my first copies of Saxon and Henle back in the mid 90s :-)

Yep. I bought SWR and then sold it. Bought it again and realized why I sold it in the first place, then sold it again.

The only way I have been able to make myself feel better about this is maybe I blessed someone else by selling it basically unused and deeply discounted.

Blessings,

Elise in NC