Menu

New here.

I didn't see anywhere to formally introduce myself. figured the general board was good enough.

My name is Michelle, I am married to a wonderful, insane, funny, supportive hubby who keeps me on my toes.

I have 4 amazing daughters ages 2, 5 (kindy), 9 (3rd grade) & 12 (7th grade) I have homeschooled, public schooled, cyber schooled and private schooled. Never really found my way. My girls are finishing this year in private school and we will homeschool next year and go as long as we see fit. It took me a long time to get to this place of confidence that we can homeschool my husband is super supportive which is awesome.

Aside from schooling I volunteer in various ministries, I love to bake, craft, knit, blog & graphic arts. I am a small time wahm doing graphics and selling craft items. My husband works in security prior to that he was a chef. We live in PA and have been here about 8 years. prior to that we lived in FL. I miss the warmth and the beach. I have been a sahm/wahm since I became preggy with my 5 year old. Putting 3 kids in day care just wasn't going to work. When I did work I was an opthalmic technician and volunteered working it children who where visually impaired. I miss it some but staying home with my kids is so rewarding and such a short season I want to enjoy it as long as possible.

I will likely ask a million questions and look forward to "meeting" new friends.

Welcome here! Interestingly enough, we now live in PA after having moved from FL too... ;) We've lived in PA for 14 years now though - and still enjoy it.

Funny. Do people always ask you Why? lol I get it all the time. I was actually born here but moved to FL when I was 5 then moved back up here to be close to family. What area are you in here in PA? I am looking for homeschool groups/ play groups.

I didn't see anywhere to formally introduce myself. figured the general board was good enough.

My name is Michelle, I am married to a wonderful, insane, funny, supportive hubby who keeps me on my toes.

I have 4 amazing daughters ages 2, 5 (kindy), 9 (3rd grade) & 12 (7th grade) I have homeschooled, public schooled, cyber schooled and private schooled. Never really found my way. My girls are finishing this year in private school and we will homeschool next year and go as long as we see fit. It took me a long time to get to this place of confidence that we can homeschool my husband is super supportive which is awesome.

Aside from schooling I volunteer in various ministries, I love to bake, craft, knit, blog & graphic arts. I am a small time wahm doing graphics and selling craft items. My husband works in security prior to that he was a chef. We live in PA and have been here about 8 years. prior to that we lived in FL. I miss the warmth and the beach. I have been a sahm/wahm since I became preggy with my 5 year old. Putting 3 kids in day care just wasn't going to work. When I did work I was an opthalmic technician and volunteered working it children who where visually impaired. I miss it some but staying home with my kids is so rewarding and such a short season I want to enjoy it as long as possible.

I will likely ask a million questions and look forward to "meeting" new friends.

Hi Michelle. Welcome. :) I hope you enjoy your time here. The boardies here are full of knowledge so feel free to ask lots of questions. :) You might be interested in checking out Rosie's crafters challenge thread since you enjoy knitting and crafts. Click here to see it.

Where in Florida did you used to live? I'm in South Florida near Miami. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

Hi Michelle. Welcome. :) I hope you enjoy your time here. The boardies here are full of knowledge so feel free to ask lots of questions. :) You might be interested in checking out Rosie's crafters challenge thread since you enjoy knitting and crafts. Click here to see it.

Where in Florida did you used to live? I'm in South Florida near Miami. :)

Blessings,

Jennifer

I grew up in Pinellas county, Seminole/Largo/Maderia beach area

:seeya:

Howdie stranger!:tongue_smilie:

should of known you'd be here :tongue_smilie:lol

Cool! :) The west coast is so nice. Ya'll have the best sea shells and sunsets. :) My mom and grandparents are from Tampa (Ybor City) so not too far from where you grew up. :)

Nope not far at all I friends who attend church in Ybor city! I used to love the Gasperilla (sp?) parades and such.