Menu

Do you find 'fun' stuff fun?

Do you find 'fun stuff' - see post - fun  

1. 1. Do you find 'fun stuff' - see post - fun

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I did not read all the replies so I hope I'm not stepping on toes. :001_smile:

Yes, I find fun stuff fun (voted yes) but a lot depends on who I am with.

My oldest dd and I can have fun anywhere. We both have a great sense of the absurd and like trying quirky stuff. We go to art fests, and comic conventions etc.

My youngest dd is fun also but more interested in athletic things and I try to keep up but often end up sweaty and tired.

The two girls get along great and are hilarious when they tell us about their adventure.

DH however, :glare: I love him to bits but he is too impatient, annoyed with crowds and does not see the 'point' of most festival things. He thinks he likes 'fun' like the beach and Disney but he gets grumpy with crowds. So we do things I know we will both like (Movies, backyard fire pits, small dinner groups, etc.)

So I am fun 'situational'

I cannot stand amusement parks or carnivals, never been to the circus or to a mass picnic, but I like local festivals. It's almost impossible to get away from the crowds where I live, though, and any kind of weekend event is sure to be a total mob scene, which pretty much saps any 'fun' out of whatever it is.

Edited by JennyD

I personally don't like anything involving a crowd. First, I just don't like the crowdedness -- I find it overwhelming. I don't like loud noise either.

Second, I cannot stand the smell of smoking, and it seems nearly all of these people have people blowing smoke around. Things have gotten better here now that there are designated smoking areas at some theme parks, and there's a no-smoking ban in restaurants. But, that still leaves a lot of crowd places smelly.

So, I'd rather hang out at home, spend time with a few friends or go to a cabin with my husband and boys.

I love roller coasters, but they make me sick. I enjoy those long slides at carnivals, but there's just so much ick (I don't know how to describe it) there.

Oh, and I hibernate in the summer, and of course that's when everyone has picnics and such. ugh

Edited by nestof3

I voted yes. I REALLY love to curl up with a good book, but I want to spend time interacting with my kids and creating memories. We're always on the lookout for stuff to do. Interestingly, while I DO find that stuff fun- I wouldn't go if it wasn't for the kids. I wouldn't go to a circus, carnival, etc. without them. Amusement park though, I'd LOVE to go with a friend who enjoyed rollercoasters and without the kids (or dh- he doesn't like rollercoasters!) I LOVE rollercoasters!

I had to vote "other"...too much variety in there and I like/love some of those and loathe others! I like parades, certain festivals, themed parks like Disney World, water parks, picnics, fireworks and music concerts even though I can't stand crowds in other situations. I hate most amusement parks, circuses, carnivals and local fairs. I don't like picnics or parties at ALL if I'm not a part of the actual group *hosting* it...

Carnivals, circuses, theme parks, swimming pools with fancy slides, fairs, parades, fireworks, mass picnics, local festivals....

Three-quarters of the family would rather read a book. I suspect that Hobbes would like to do more of that stuff.

Laura

We strike a fairly good balance between fun stuff and quiet time, so I voted yes.

I have enjoyed some of these things by enjoying them with my kids over the years.

ANd sometimes I enjoy them without kids too- even dh and I do along sometimes and act like big kids- but generally, no, they don't attract me. My kids are absolutely crazy about them though- fortunately with their social network and public transport they can now fulfill their desires without me.