Menu

Well, I did it. I loved my enemy.

Talk about a nervous wreck.

There *might* have been seeds of reconciliation planted and I won't know that for some time, but I did it. And now, if nothing ever comes of it, I knew I did everything I could and I walked away with a clear conscience.

I really wish I could have reported a crumbling of walls and reconciliation-that that miracle would have occurred from my obedience in this, but all I can say is that I now can truly hope that one day, perhaps, it will happen. I am open to it.

Thank you, all. It was hard. Really, I can't express how I wanted to cut and run. But I was in a position that I could not do it-so in a way, God forced my hand. :001_smile:

You know, I can also say that I truly would like reconciliation, now, as opposed to before. So if all of the work was done in me, so be it.

Good for you. I guess I am full of pride because that is one of the hardest things for me to do. It is so much easier to just hold a grudge (but it eats at you - doesn't it?).

Asking for prayers from the board really helped. My heart was a mess, and I needed that help. So that step in humbling myself began the journey, and then to have everyone say a prayer and be encouraging --I can't tell you enough how much it helped. I felt those prayers and that energy. So it wasn't in my own strength that I did it. It was a group effort. :tongue_smilie: Which is what the communion of the saints is about, really.