Menu

I come asking a super quick favor. Beautiful young woman with Down syndrome (Award)

and who happens to also wear hearing aids has been nominated for an disability advocacy award. I adore her -- completely and totally -- because she always looks out for those with multiple disabilities. She tries to include adults who have Down syndrome AND autism, or DS AND hearing impairments, or DS AND mental illness in all of our conferences and conventions. She is truly amazing young woman and very active in her community and church.

Even in the DS community, the "high achievers" seem to get the recognition (those who play instruments, win medals, and appear on tv), and Patricia doesn't do those things. She reaches out in individual and profound ways -- ways I see as far more important than being a superstar!

If you have just a moment, pretty please, take a moment and watch just a second of her signing to Wind Beneath My Wings (cheesy song for some I know), but she'll steal your heart! and cast your vote for her for the RISE AWARD (the LAST AWARD DOWN on the list). I would love my own DD to be just like her.

Thanks! Carol

http://hyhonline.com/riseawards/2011/02/14/nominee-patricia-moody/ 14/nominee-patricia-moody/

She signs soooooo beautifully!!!

I've tried to vote' date=' but I can't for the life of me figure out how. :001_huh: I get to the HYH Rise Award page with the three nominees, but I can't figure out how to vote for Patricia. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. :tongue_smilie:[/quote']

Thank you! Here is the link directly to the whole voting page. The RISE AWARD is last one on the page :-).

http://hyhonline.com/riseawards/cast-your-vote/

She signs soooooo beautifully!!!

I've tried to vote' date=' but I can't for the life of me figure out how. :001_huh: I get to the HYH Rise Award page with the three nominees, but I can't figure out how to vote for Patricia. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. :tongue_smilie:

[/quote']http://hyhonline.com/riseawards/cast-your-vote/

this is the link to cast your vote:001_smile:

the Rise Award catagory is at the bottom of the page

WE MUST OF POSTED AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Edited by Cafelattee
someone else posted same information

Thank you very, very much all :-).

This young woman and her family stole my heart at the first Down syndrome convention I ever went to when my own DD was only 2 years old. She is gentle and kind, and just has a spirit that is amazing! She often gets overlooked because she does her work so quietly -- but I'd love to see her get recognized for all that she truly does.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can only hope my DD is as half the young woman that Patrica is!

http://hyhonline.com/riseawards/cast-your-vote/

this is the link to cast your vote:001_smile:

the Rise Award catagory is at the bottom of the page

WE MUST OF POSTED AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Thank you! I've voted. :)

She's got a bit of catching up to do as she's got 28% of the vote and another has 56%.

Carol, please keep us posted!

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU ALL FOR VOTING! :D:party:

Patricia won the RISE award. This was a tremendous victory for her, her family and the Down syndrome community. As you know, she is also hearing impaired, and is an activist for those with multiple disabilities. I'm so thrilled for this young woman. My heart is soaring!

Thank you all for helping her achieve this important victory!