Menu

I'm looking to buy more skirts for my wardrobe...

casual, long, comfortable skirts, but stylish and flattering at the same time. I'm tall, too. I've searched the internet and found some sites, but I'm not familiar with them enough to trust them and buy from them. Can you offer any online sites for me that you have bought from or trust? Thanks. Also, where do you buy long skirts "in person"? I like resale and thrift shops, but I don't have any luck finding a lot for me. We always score on clothes for kids, which is excellent! Thanks for any help.

I've found some of my favorites at garage sales (with tags still on them!). Two of my favorites came from JC Penny's and my husband just gave me a skirt for Valentine's Day that was from Macy's that is perfect! I also watch the clearance section of skirts on Old Navy, because once and a while they have some great deals there (last month I found two that were $3.99 each)! Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I appreciated all the responses when I posted this question. I ended up liking a lot of skirts from Chadwicks and ordered them. All of them were backordered which was fine, the FIRST time. After the FOURTH backorder, I gave up and cancelled them all. I did look at the other places, but price-wise and style is why I liked Chadwicks. Any other suggestions? I'll be looking again at the places mentioned before, but I would also love new suggestions. Ugh. Oh, and I looked at goodwill one night for two hours, tried them on and they looked horrible on me! I'm a size 16 and they just either didn't fit or looked horrible. I don't get it. I can wear other size 16's, but not at goodwill. If I were a size 12 or smaller, I'd have my pick! Even more frustrating because I would love to be size 12 again, but it just never seems to happen. :banghead:

I've had the best luck with sewing them myself. Luckily, skirts are a relatively easy item to sew. If you don't sew, look in to how much it would cost to have a tailor whip one up for you. Where I used to live, a tailor charged a very reasonable amount for the sewing; I supplied the fabric and pattern. It's worth a shot.

I love wool skirts, but am unwilling to spend $200-400 on them. I have sewn mine for as little as $15. :)

I just ordered some skirts from Catherines. It is a plus size store, but the smallest size is a 16 so it might work for you.

I ordered the Denim Deception skirt, which look like a denim skirt but is actually a very heavy rayon. I love it!

I also ordered the white Saturdy Classic Seamed Skirt. It is denim and I love it. The pictures show it much much shorter than it ended up being on me. It is almost to my ankles and i am 5' 5".

Dig around for coupon codes for free shipping or extra 20 percent off..I did not pay what the list price is for either of these skirts.

Thank you! I checked out Target online tonight and was pleasantly surprised! I'm going to try and see how they work for me. I found several other long/casual skirts online, too. Here's hoping!!!!

Enrapture is very interesting! I've never seen anything like them. I would probably mess them up and they are too pretty to mess up!

I found another post on the board regarding skirts and there was a link to a place called Soft Surroundings. LOVED the skirts there, but oh my, they cost a small fortune! Target is more my price range. ;)

Thanks, again, ladies for your help. Happy Mother's Day!

CAbI is great for that. They have long flowy skirts, and many of them are reversible. Once you find a style you like, you can hunt it down on Ebay. The sizes go up to either 16 or XL, and they tend to be a bit forgiving-- little elastic in the waist, and/or elastic all the way around, but very well made--not a typical 'elastic-waist-skirt'.