Menu

I have to love my enemy this week

And I don't want to. I'm so hurt and angry I imagine spitting in her face. Yes, that's how upset and angry I am. But I have to love her. I know she is the way she is because of the pain she carries, and I'm so upset that even knowing that doesn't grow compassion in me for her.

The anxiety building in me is horrid, and I've been dreading this for years.

There is no way out of it-and I wouldn't want out of it. The occasion is not about her, she's just going to be there. And she's already making things hard on my family and purposely so. Doing things to wound.

So if you have a spare prayer, or words of wisdom, send them my way?

:grouphug:'s. The only words I have is..."It not about you!" (said in a postive voice, not a condemning one :001_smile:) These are her issues, and Uggggghhhhh!

Don't forget to take some time outs for you and your fam!!! A bubble bath, or a new craft!!!

Your in my thoughts!

Sometimes when I know someone is going to be really difficult, I sort of pretend I am gathering experiences for a novel or for a saucy magazine expose. So the worst the person acts, the better my story will be, and I just have to be the detached observer of the behavior and keep my cool and my sense of humor.

My son reports that this has worked for him - it was the best advice I had for a difficult situation.

August Wilson said, "Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."

Remember your strength and let your angels sing.

I will be praying.

Corrie ten Boom writes that forgivness wasn't in her heart until she (in an act of obedience) held out her hand to a former guard/torturer.

Your heart is already in the right place. God will give you the grace, the strength and the courage to face this person. The emotions will follow. :grouphug: and prayers.

Wow! You are amazing! (And that isn't part of my everday vocabulary.) To not run away and hide, to want to love this person, and to ask for help to do so are all such admirable qualities. I'd like to be like you when I grow up. :001_smile:

:grouphug: Prayers coming your way.

Here's a prayer for that situation: "Lord, at the dread day of judgment, do not condemn [name of person] for my sake." It's loving from a distance, if that's all we have or can handle, but still loving. And it reminds us of our opportunity/responsibility to not do anything that would cause them to sin in retaliation.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You all are giving me strength. I worried about posting because I can't say much, but I knew I needed help. Thank you.

Here's a prayer for that situation: "Lord, at the dread day of judgment, do not condemn [name of person] for my sake." It's loving from a distance, if that's all we have or can handle, but still loving. And it reminds us of our opportunity/responsibility to not do anything that would cause them to sin in retaliation.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That's a wonderful place for me to start.

And you know, your siggy has been helping me. It helps me always, but this week in particular it's helped a lot.

Corrie ten Boom writes that forgivness wasn't in her heart until she (in an act of obedience) held out her hand to a former guard/torturer.

Your heart is already in the right place. God will give you the grace, the strength and the courage to face this person. The emotions will follow. :grouphug: and prayers.

You know, I know that happens-and I know that I have to be present for it to happen. And it's very hard for me to put aside the pain she's caused and not want to hold it close. Matter of fact, I'm still holding it. I'm just hoping that if that miracle comes, God works the grace and forgiveness in my heart as I walk. Because it's not showing up before hand.

I notice you have Neil Gaiman quote in your sig and assume you may have read Good Omens. I literally just started the book today after much prodding from some friends. Others have given you more gracious advice, but I suggest you imagine every time she is in her car her music turns to Best of Queen.