Menu

S/o Aubrey's DH Issues

Guest CarolineUK

Guest CarolineUK

If your DS11 would only eat a banana with a glass of milk before going to school, would you insist on serving said banana on a plate, or not? DS does not make a mess with bananas. When DH is home at breakfast-time there is a often something of a tug of war, with said plate to-ing and fro-ing between table and cupboard.

If your DS11 would only eat a banana with a glass of milk before going to school, would you insist on serving said banana on a plate, or not? DS does not make a mess with bananas. When DH is home at breakfast-time there is a often something of a tug of war, with said plate to-ing and fro-ing between table and cupboard.

A banana on a plate? That's the best part about bananas--they're self-contained! I would never insist on a plate, and would probably ask DH not to insist on him dirtying an extra dish unnecessarily.

This is funny. Earlier today, I thought about posting how people eat bananas. I prefer to slice mine and put it in a shallow bowl to eat it with a fork. I just don't like biting into a banana. I would serve it the way your son wants it served, and if that's different than how your DH eats it, I'd suggest that each person should have the choice on how to eat a banana! :tongue_smilie:

What is the rationale behind using a plate? Is your son using a knife and fork to eat the banana? There are many battles worth fighting with children; this, dear Caroline, is not one of them. I think your husband needs to find something else to worry about.

Guest CarolineUK
What is the rationale behind using a plate? Is your son using a knife and fork to eat the banana? There are many battles worth fighting with children; this, dear Caroline, is not one of them. I think your husband needs to find something else to worry about.

:lol: It's not a serious fight. DH is fussy, he likes things done 'properly'. I just don't subscribe to his views of what needs to be done smartly or when. I think he thinks I'm a slob. It really only gets to me because it reminds me of how much he's his mother's son :D. He's a darling really, but, you know, these are the little things that can really bug you from day to day.

Guest CarolineUK
Bananas just get eaten right out of the peel here - except when they've been chopped over a bowl of chocolate ice cream or sliced onto a PB & banana sandwich. ;)

I'm off to the freezer for the chocolate ice cream ... eaten in a bowl, of course, with sliced banana, while I sit here reading the Hive, he'll definitely think I'm a slob. Who cares?