Menu

What is penthouse style of dress?

What kind of function is it? I'm going to DIE if you say it's a church function or a charity fundraiser.:lol:

I hate it when people make up dress codes you've never heard of before. I remember getting an invitation to an event and the dress code was "dressy bar wear". And it was not at a bar. What is that supposed to mean??? Dress like you're going out to a bar but nicer? And what kind of bar? A sports bar or like a downtown club? I ended up wearing black slacks with a black jacket and everyone else was dressed ranging from short MTV night club like dresses to jeans and a T-shirt. I guess they were just as confused as me.

I've actually been to a couple of parties in a penthouse and they were both casual/expensive.

I lived in a penthouse in Panama (the one in central america ;)) and while I never actually had a party there, it would have been casual/whatever you can afford if I had had one.

Now that I think of some of the movies I've seen, they seem to be blk tie. And I agree with the pp who said it's just ignert to make up dress "codes."

Edited by MomOfOneFunOne

What kind of function is it? I'm going to DIE if you say it's a church function or a charity fundraiser.:lol:

I hate it when people make up dress codes you've never heard of before. I remember getting an invitation to an event and the dress code was "dressy bar wear". And it was not at a bar. What is that supposed to mean??? Dress like you're going out to a bar but nicer? And what kind of bar? A sports bar or like a downtown club? I ended up wearing black slacks with a black jacket and everyone else was dressed ranging from short MTV night club like dresses to jeans and a T-shirt. I guess they were just as confused as me.

Yes, I hate it, too. Here are the details from the ad:

"If you like to dance or just wanna watch-

dont miss

SAVOY

A Fabulous, Fun Evening

Dining, Dancing, Entertainment-AND YOU!

Grand Ballroom

Marriot Hotel

Dress Attire: Penthouse

(A portion of ticket sales goes to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)

Spectacular Floor Shows! City's Finest with champion dancers DECHO & BREE

Here is the link to the online ad:

http://www.dzpproductions.com/

Yes, I hate it, too. Here are the details from the ad:

"If you like to dance or just wanna watch-

dont miss

SAVOY

A Fabulous, Fun Evening

Dining, Dancing, Entertainment-AND YOU!

Grand Ballroom

Marriot Hotel

Dress Attire: Penthouse

(A portion of ticket sales goes to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)

Spectacular Floor Shows! City's Finest with champion dancers DECHO & BREE

Here is the link to the online ad:

http://www.dzpproductions.com/

I've never heard of Penthouse as a style of attire. The link has a number to call for further info. Why don't you call that?

Mary

Mary