Menu

Coffee mugs ?

I have literally several dozen solid white correlle ceramic coffee mugs. I would like to have names or letters put on them so we know whose cup is whose and actually get some use out of them.

But I still want them to be dishwasher safe without having to redo the names/letters again.

Does the hive have any suggestions on how a non-crafty mom could do this with minimal expense?

We sharpied some and it came off in the dishwasher after a few washings....this was on plastic, but still....

Dawn

I would try a sharpie, as one totally non crafty mom to another. Of course, I resort to sharpies and duct tape for just about every project. :tongue_smilie:

At Michael's you can get paint to use on dishes that is dishwasher safe. Just go in and ask. Hobby Lobby, the craft section at WalMart, etc. would probably have it, too.

Yeah. Did that. Stinks. Washed off within a month. Better than sharpie, which didn't make it a week.

But I'm looking for permanent.

Pretty would be nice too.

We have a 'paint your own ceramics' place by us, where they will actually fire your pieces in a kiln. Maybe if you have a place like that around you, you could call and see? I don't know if you can paint and fire them again since they've already been glazed, but I know next to nothing about ceramics. Just an idea.

At Michael's you can get paint to use on dishes that is dishwasher safe. Just go in and ask. Hobby Lobby, the craft section at WalMart, etc. would probably have it, too.

We also used a paint pen for ceramic that has lasted for years. It is heat set in the oven. This isn't the exact brand we used but here's a link to a similar product with good information:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/pebeo-porcelaine-150-paint-markers/

When we decorated mugs we did random, squiggly designs so we didn't need to worry about keeping things lined up, KWIM? The kids were young at the time and did it themselves, still cute after all these years.