Menu

Do boys wear peasant tops?

A scrubs pattern would give you an easy unisex top.

I do have a few peasant type top patterns that are intended for wear by males but they are for Italian Renaissance garb and most of the guys in the SCA refuse to wear Italian Ren. The "pants" are much worse than the tops and let's not even mention codpieces.

Well, that guy who is supposed to be really handsome and was a model wore them from time to time.

I can't remember his name but I'm thinking he was more my mom's generation.

Anywooo . . . not exactly unprecedented but I'd still go with no.

oh, right, it's Fabio.

Edited by MomOfOneFunOne

Not when they had a choice. I'd suggest a comfy t-shirt that would match your fabric. My boys, once they hit the teen years, have not worn shirts for sleeping. They just wear either long pajama bottoms (otherwise known as "dorm" pants) or sport shorts - nothing on top.

If your ds is very young, go ahead and make him something that matches. He'll love it.

No...However, if your DS is young, doesn't care and you'd be making it in a boy print and he'd only be wearing it around the house.....then I wouldn't care and I'd go for it.

Ditto and I know people who do put them on their kids. They call them smocks, though. I used to be on a WAHM message board with the maker of this pattern and several people on the board bought the pattern and made smocks for their boys to wear around the house. Easy to make and they can wear them for years. I say go for it.

http://hyenacart.com/FernandFaerie/index.php?c=10&p=22