Menu

Looking for a diswasher that is quiet, reliable and does a good job

I like my LG stainless steel one. Very quiet & does a good job. Did have to replace the door hinge thing recently, but that was due to my baby sitting on the open door..not their fault! :)

Thanks. What does LG stand for? How easy is it to clean the stainless steel surface?

Bosch Bosch Bosch. We wanted the same exact thing when we built our house three years ago since we have an open floor plan. After much research we are very happy with our choice. My dishwasher sits 10-15 feet from us while we are in the main living area each evening running and we do not notice it. And yes, our dishes are clean :)

Bosch Bosch Bosch. We wanted the same exact thing when we built our house three years ago since we have an open floor plan. After much research we are very happy with our choice. My dishwasher sits 10-15 feet from us while we are in the main living area each evening running and we do not notice it. And yes, our dishes are clean :)

:iagree:

We looked at reviews and found Bosch to be the quietest dishwasher. We have had ours for over a year now, and love it. The one we bought is stainless steel inside and out. I wipe all of my stainless steel appliances down once a day, and they all look great until my children touch them!

First I'd want to be 100% certain the problem is the dishwasher and not the detergent. Some, but not all, of the newer sulfate-free varieties do not work - I finally dropped the sulfate-free Cascade I had unknowingly been suffering with, and I am using Finish Powerball Tabs thanks to a thread about this issue a few months ago. My dishwasher (run of the mill GE Profile) is working so much better now. I have no familiarity with the detergent you mentioned so I can't comment on it. Good luck!!

I love my Kitchen Aid. I think it's quiet.

I also looked at a Bosch but my appliance repair man advised me not to get one based on replacement part prices. He explained to me that parts are cheaper for the major American brands like Maytag, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, etc. Bosch appliances are good but just take into consideration repair costs associated.

HTH,

Elise in NC

If you want quiet and clean, you want BOSCH.

I have had many dishwashers - in one house that we built, we had two dishwashers -- NONE were the quality of the bosch we have now.

We purchased this one in April -- I can stand in front of it and I have to look on the floor for the red light to see if it is running. DH moaned about the price but he will tell anyone who asks that this is the best.

MODEL # -- SHX65P05UC-60

One reason the Bosch is so quiet, is there is no heating element to dry your dishes, Eliminating the vent eliminates a weak spot in the soundproofing. It also doesn't have a food grinder built in. So those missing things, would be what you want to look for in a quiet dishwasher.

I always pick "no heat dry" so that would work for me....but I think we need a food grinder...I'm getting lots of stuck on particles lately that are a PITA to get off the glasses :glare:

:iagree: I took some dishes up to a fancy place and tried to load and unload all the high-end washers at high speed (I tend to work quickly). Bosch was the easiest to get plates and bowls in and out of.

:iagree: and though I cannot explain it, while the racks look 'standard' enough, I know we are able to put many more dishes and glasses in the Bosch than in any other d/w we've had.

I didn't quote everyone, but read every post and the Bosch got the most votes, I think.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait, you are serious? I thought this was a joke like "I want ice cream that never melts and has no calories"

Lara

:lol: but yes, I'm serious.

First I'd want to be 100% certain the problem is the dishwasher and not the detergent. Some, but not all, of the newer sulfate-free varieties do not work - I finally dropped the sulfate-free Cascade I had unknowingly been suffering with, and I am using Finish Powerball Tabs thanks to a thread about this issue a few months ago. My dishwasher (run of the mill GE Profile) is working so much better now. I have no familiarity with the detergent you mentioned so I can't comment on it. Good luck!!

The dishwasher used to work okay, but never great because the one that came with the house is a cheap, low quality model (Whirlpool Elite's bottom one) and it's very noisy. The heating element no longer works, and so it now doesn't clean well at all.

I love my Kitchen Aid. I think it's quiet.

I also looked at a Bosch but my appliance repair man advised me not to get one based on replacement part prices. He explained to me that parts are cheaper for the major American brands like Maytag, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, etc. Bosch appliances are good but just take into consideration repair costs associated.

HTH,

Elise in NC

This is something to think about, but I am leaning to Bosch, since I also learned that's what my aunt had and it was QUIET. She just replaced it with a Miele.

If you want quiet and clean, you want BOSCH.

I have had many dishwashers - in one house that we built, we had two dishwashers -- NONE were the quality of the bosch we have now.

MODEL # -- SHX65P05UC-60

One reason the Bosch is so quiet, is there is no heating element to dry your dishes, Eliminating the vent eliminates a weak spot in the soundproofing. It also doesn't have a food grinder built in. So those missing things, would be what you want to look for in a quiet dishwasher.

Love my Miele - very quiet, very efficient, even with eco-friendly detergent.

Laura

Thanks. My uncle said that the Miele is even more expensive than the Bosch, but I'm going to look at it along with the Bosch given what you've said.

We can't afford anything, but I'm getting some money from my folks for Christmas and it's going to be enough that I can get one.

LG stands for Life is Good. This makes me want to barf.
:lol: Okay. Someone likes the actual machine, but I see you also have a Bosch.

We actually need to replace all 3 of our major applicances at some point (two were cheap that came with our house, and our fridge had some kind of damage in the move & leaks inside, so I have things to catch the drips, etc. One of them is too old to warrant the repairs (fridge) and the other two are simply low quality. The dishwasher is going to be done first because it is very loud, and I don't even use the hot dry anyway.

Thanks for every suggestion and for the educational comments, too. I'll be shopping the post holiday sales, but wanted to find out what the hive thought before I do some pre-shopping looking.