Menu

Snap Circuits question

jenL

Do you think it would be better to start my 7.5yo son off with the Snap Circuits Jr. set or the Snap Circuits SC-300 set? This would be a Christmas gift and his first time using them. I know he'll love them as he loves all things experimental. In terms of longevity, I'm thinking the 300 may be the best option?

Go for the SC-300.

we have the jr set...after the flying disk broke, the boys don't really use this set...do you think that upgrading to the 300 set would be more exciting to them...what sort of things are in the 300 set that aren't in the 100 set?? Is that a fair question to ask?

We ended up buying the SC-300 to start. It was $32 on Amazon the other day. I've only found it other places for $50+ so I thought that was a good deal (w/free shipping too).

It's a start & what our budget will allow since we had already bought a few other things for him. Dh was excited when I showed him the box after it arrived here; I probably should buy him a set too! :lol:

SC-750 extreme is on sale on amazon for $79.

Yesterday morning it was on sale for $70! I didn't buy, then last night the price jumped $9 :glare:

What is the difference between the SC-750 and the C-750 Student Training set for $119... now $122? I see that it contains some books and a case, but how valuable is the extra stuff?

Thanks!

Yesterday morning it was on sale for $70! I didn't buy, then last night the price jumped $9 :glare:

What is the difference between the SC-750 and the C-750 Student Training set for $119... now $122? I see that it contains some books and a case, but how valuable is the extra stuff?

Thanks!

I have the Student Training set and use it as part of our science curriculum. The books go into more detail about the science involved so it has been helpful for us. It has made studying electricity and electronics very simple for me. However, if the kids were just going to use it as a toy, go with the cheaper set.

From the manufacturer: The Student Guide for the SC-750R includes 138 pages of educational curriculum. Written with the help of educators, the Student Guide is essential in covering all topics related to electricity and electronics being taught in middle schools and above. Includes real world applications and problem solving quizzes. The optional Teachers PAK Model TG-750, sold separately, includes five project books, teacher guide, and three student guides. The teacher guide is meant to prepare educators for proper introduction of Snap Circuits and guide them through each chapter with quizzes for students to test their knowledge. Topics Covered: Resistors, Capacitors, Transistors, Motors, Integrated Circuits, Switches, Series Circuits, Parallel Circuits, Batteries, Relays, Transformers, Digital Recording, 7-segment Displays, SCRs, Analog Meters, Diodes, FM Radio.

I have the Student Training set and use it as part of our science curriculum. The books go into more detail about the science involved so it has been helpful for us. It has made studying electricity and electronics very simple for me. However, if the kids were just going to use it as a toy, go with the cheaper set.

Thanks!

Sorry, one more question... are the manuals and the case that it comes in worth about the $40 premium over the standard 750?

If the standard doesn't come with a case, is it difficult to manage the pieces?

Thanks again!!

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

Sorry, one more question... is the manuals and the case that it comes in worth about the $40 premium over the standard 750?

If the standard doesn't come with a case, is it difficult to manage the pieces?

Thanks again!!

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Also, if you get the non-Student Training set are there explanations/instructions included? I don't really need quizzes, etc., but I'd like some basic information.