• Yellow
    • White
    • Purple/Violet/Blue
    • Pink
    • Coral/Peach
    • Casual Mixed - all colors
    • Formal Mixed - all colors
    • Other

My DH is exploring producing different things for sale at farmers markets. One is cut flower bouquet. So we are trying to do as much research as possible this next year.

Assume you had decided to purchase a bouquet of flowers, which colors or combination of colors would appeal to you. You can choose as many as you like.

Other - this is for if you would make your decision based on something other than color (like the type of flower - you would always pick sunflowers but not other flowers that same color or another example is you would always pick the bouquet that smelled the best).

Thank you so much for your answers!

Edited by OrganicAnn

I'd say 90% of the bouquets I buy are either just sunflowers or sunflowers mixed with other warm-color flowers (reds, yellows, oranges). Once in a blue moon, for a special occasion, I'll buy a bouquet of all-white mixed flowers, or white lilies. Most of the time, though, if I want flowers I'll buy a white moth orchid from Trader Joe's, because they cost about the same as cut flowers but they last much longer. Plus if I take care of them they rebloom the next year (although DH is getting a little ticked off at the number of flower pots in the shower stall :tongue_smilie:).

Jackie

I love gerbera daisies, tulips, or unusual/unique looking flowers. I also like groups of flowers that are the flowers (and not all the 'filler' greenery), plus all the same type of flower (vs. a 'mixed' bunch).

I love orange, but dislike (very much) when orange flowers are paired w/ brown or gold flowers (which resemble dead flowers, imo, lol). :tongue_smilie: I like bright orange flowers alone or paired w/ reds, pinks, or yellows (basically, something as bright as the orange).

I would say everything, except formal....unless it is white lilly/iris. I go by the season....pastels mixes with vibrant in spring, tropical colors in summer, white/green when it is hot outside, pure purples/reds/blue in early summer (4th of July), reds/orange/yellow in late summer-fall, reds with ivy/pine/other greens at Christmas....

I am a big sucker for peonies but not roses. I always buy unusual flowers over the tried and true. The one exception for me is a beautiful daisy or luscious bouquet of tulips in early spring. I don't care for aromatics usually but some lilacs are just so beautiful.

I think there is always the right bouquet at the farmers market here.... :) (or I am just a sucker).....I will choose that they are just fabulous!

To me the key is for it to not look like it came from the grocery store. Big, loose, and very, very full bouquets are what I like.

Thanks for all the responses so far. If anyone else has an opinion, please vote. The business book I'm reading says I'm supposed to get at least 100 responses to make the poll valid.

I'm surprised that purple/violet/blue is in the lead. They say that blue is the most popular 'favorite' color, but I wouldn't have thought it would translate to flower color.

I answered the color I like best, but in buying bouquets, I always go for a bright mix and it can really be nearly any combination, from oranges or corals, to peaches or pinks into reds. I love blues and greens (and I love truly blue flowers, like chicory, rather than purples). I love shades of white. The main criteria for me in buying such a thing is that I want extreme freshness. I want the product to last as long as possible.

Oh, cool, you've had 64 voters!

I voted casual mixed colors because I love them all!

I have a pink oleander out front, I recently picked up discount mums in lavender, yellow and rusty reddish orange.

I rarely buy cut flowers but I love wildflowers of all kinds, jammed into a vase with no care for arrangement.

I voted yellow and casual mixed. I prefer the brighter, sunnier colours. Gerbera daisies are lovely and they last (that's important to me). I don't like when very delicate flowers are mixed with hardier flowers -- half the bouquet dies and it's kind of disappointing. Sunflowers in a mix are okay, but I wouldn't buy a bouquet of all sunflowers. This is probably because we sometimes grow sunflower (for oil seeds) and while they're lovely, they just don't appeal to me as something I'd go out of my way to buy, KWIM?