Menu

Anyone doing something fun/special for Sunday's 10-10-10 date?

I want to do something fun . . . just for fun:

so at 10 a.m. on 10-10-10 we're celebrating with a cake that says Happy 10-10-10! for breakfast (something we NEVER have done) and giving each other 10 kisses throughout the day.

For a writing project (sneaking in homeschooling) they're going to write a card to dh saying 10 reasons they love him.

I would love more ideas!!

Anyone?

Alley

Well, we're not doing this because it's 10/10/10, but we are doing something fun... We'll be heading off on a 2-week roadtrip across the U.S. that day (with an extended stop in WI to visit DH's family). So I guess I could think of some fun games to play in the car that have to do with the special date... :)

hmmmmmm, hadn't thought of the date. We will be in maryland all day for lacrosse tournaments.

Just to point out how OLD I REALLY am, though: I remember the day it was 6/6/66 I remember b/c we were in the pediatrician's office with my sister (who must have been 6) and the pediatrician laughed and pointed out the date as she wrote out the receipt for my mom -- yes, in 1966, pediatricians WROTE OUT receipts and folks actually paid for the visits - it was like $20.

:w00t:

hmmmmmm, hadn't thought of the date. We will be in maryland all day for lacrosse tournaments.

Just to point out how OLD I REALLY am, though: I remember the day it was 6/6/66

:iagree: it was my little brother's 4th birthday!

smiling,

ann

I want to do something fun . . . just for fun:

so at 10 a.m. on 10-10-10 we're celebrating with a cake that says Happy 10-10-10! for breakfast (something we NEVER have done) and giving each other 10 kisses throughout the day.

For a writing project (sneaking in homeschooling) they're going to write a card to dh saying 10 reasons they love him.

I would love more ideas!!

Anyone?

Alley

I'm going to a wedding for a girl who used to babysit my son. I can't believe she's 26! Where did all that time go?

Absolutely we are ding something fun..... It is my brithday!

Happy Birthday!! It's also my son's birthday, so we'll be celebrating his special 10-10-10 day. :001_smile:

No special plans for the date, although I love your idea OP!

We'll head to church like a regular Sunday, go to my son's soccer game, and then attend a benefit festival at our church late afternoon. It should be a good day!

Just to point out how OLD I REALLY am, though: I remember the day it was 6/6/66 I remember b/c we were in the pediatrician's office with my sister (who must have been 6) and the pediatrician laughed and pointed out the date as she wrote out the receipt for my mom -- yes, in 1966, pediatricians WROTE OUT receipts and folks actually paid for the visits - it was like $20.

Hmmmm....