Menu

Signs that you spend too much time on Facebook, and WTM

1. Signs that I spend too much time on FB- I come here to the board, read something, and look for the "like" button. :lol:

2. Signs that I spend too much time here- I post something on FB, realize I misspelled something, and look for the edit button. :tongue_smilie:

Your turn. :D

1. Signs that I spend too much time on FB- I come here to the board, read something, and look for the "like" button. :lol:

2. Signs that I spend too much time here- I post something on FB, realize I misspelled something, and look for the edit button. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: So true!

I'm always looking for the smiles when I'm on FB...like this one :lol:

I'm pretty sure one day I will say DH, DS, or DD is normal face to face conversation....that will be embarrassing. :)

Oh, yes. To both of these. I've caught myself several times almost saying "dh" instead of his name. :lol:

:D

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I was just trying to find the 'like' button last night.

And yes, I've almost called DH 'DH" when talking to friends.

You know you can delete anything you wish on FB, right? :001_smile:

I don't do Facebook, but I find in everyday conversation I often reference the board by starting a lot of conversations with, "oh, do you know what the ladies on "my homeschooling forum" said about xyz..." There must be a few rolled eyes by now at this oft repeated phrase. They probably wonder if I get any info from any other source (who needs to?;))

What's funny is that a fellow homeschooler at our co-op asked me last year if I did Facebook and I stared at her like she was insane, because I have often wondered what homeschooler has the time for that?! I barely get our lessons done-ok, seldom might be more like it-who has time for facebook? But then there are nights when I have stayed up late for a couple hours just to commune with "my homeschooling forum". Granted that is partly due to having dial-up! But without you guys I'd go nuts!:001_smile::grouphug:

Lakota

Yes to all of the above. I often look for a Like button, and I often refer to DH as DH in my head.

I wrote a note to someone and mentioned her 'dear hubby' in the note. She thought I was being sarcastic and sent me a scathing reply.:confused:

I had to explain that 'dear hubby' was a real phrase used on message boards in lieu of real names. Now I try to watch what I say and write in real life.