Menu

Has anyone on here ever had a false positive on an EPT Digital test?

Please...help:tongue_smilie:? Has this ever happened to anyone here or someone that you know of? I've never had a positive on a digital...my "friend" is just wondering...:bigear:

Tell you "friend" congratulations!

False negatives: yes

False positives: ummm, no

Well, second HPT came up positive. It was even a different brand, Clear Blue Easy, (but still digital). Looks like...

Congrats. I'm told I looked like a truck ran over me when we found out ds was on the way. Now, I say that God knew what I wanted/needed better than I did. He is truly a gift.:grouphug:

Congrats. I'm told I looked like a truck ran over me when we found out ds was on the way. Now, I say that God knew what I wanted/needed better than I did. He is truly a gift.:grouphug:

Thank you Lolly. You don't know how uplifting your words are. I need to see that part. The part that this child is *truly* a gift from God. All day I've been dwelling on the what are we going to do part. Obviously have a baby, but I seriously thought we were d.o.n.e. God has other plans.

Thank you Lolly. You don't know how uplifting your words are. I need to see that part. The part that this child is *truly* a gift from God. All day I've been dwelling on the what are we going to do part. Obviously have a baby, but I seriously thought we were d.o.n.e. God has other plans.

:grouphug: It will be OK!

Yep, they're all gifts from God but there's something extra-special about the surprise ones ;). I found out I was having a surprise when child #5 was 5 months old (and my oldest was 7; this was after a history of infertility, but that's a long story). At 41 y.o., I was ambivalent, to say the least. I wanted sleep, I wanted my body back, and I was so darn tired of buckling carseats, among other things. But, like you said, God has other plans. Fantastic ones, as it turns out. My surprise is the sweetest baby ever, and I have to give glory to God every time I kiss her toes.

As for what you are going to do? First concern of my DH was to buy a new car (we needed another seat). Beyond that we take it one day at a time.

I remember getting that positive test - I just didn't feel right. I had just weaned ds. I stopped by the grocery. When it was positive, I kept looking at it as if I couldn't figure out what it meant (funny considering I have done literally hundreds of HPTs in my life).

Many congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy :)

Well, second HPT came up positive. It was even a different brand, Clear Blue Easy, (but still digital). Looks like...

...you're going to have a baby! Woohoo! I know it is a little shocking right now, but babies are cute and smell really good. And the surprises are really the best, most entertaining little buggers. Take a deep breath and enjoy. Since you cannot celebrate with a beverage, I shall do that for you;).

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I found out I was pregnant with our oldest 2 weeks after DH got accepted to grad school. We very much wanted children someday but the timing could've been better. The first few years were tough financially and I wasn't able to stay home with her like I would've ideally preferred. But it all turned out okay in the end. :)

Super Congrats! I feel so happy for you and your DH. I have an only. Although I feel blessed I so wanted more than one. So from a mom of an only....congrats!

As someone that has been surprised, it does work out. When I took the test with my oldest it came up positive right away. I waited the full time anyway, thinking maybe the line would go away. It didnt. I sat on the floor and cried. And cried. And cried. I kept saying "it's not supposed to be this way." But he is an amazing gift, and I'm so glad he is here. It turns out my grandmother developed alzheimers shortly after his birth, if I hadn't had him when I did she never would have gotten to know a great grandchild. I've always felt God timed his birth for a reason.

Hugs, and don't worry, when he/she gets here you will be estatic!

It took me two months to even go buy the pregnancy test with current Little Bean. :tongue_smilie: We thought we were more than done. But, I already couldn't imagine our lives without Little Bean and there's still about 10 weeks left before we meet him or her.

Many congratulations to you :D ... allow your emotions to be all over the place; eventually they'll settle back down. :grouphug:

It will be OK!
Thank you!

Yep, they're all gifts from God but there's something extra-special about the surprise ones . I found out I was having a surprise when child #5 was 5 months old (and my oldest was 7; this was after a history of infertility, but that's a long story). At 41 y.o., I was ambivalent, to say the least. I wanted sleep, I wanted my body back, and I was so darn tired of buckling carseats, among other things. But, like you said, God has other plans. Fantastic ones, as it turns out. My surprise is the sweetest baby ever, and I have to give glory to God every time I kiss her toes.

As for what you are going to do? First concern of my DH was to buy a new car (we needed another seat). Beyond that we take it one day at a time.

I remember getting that positive test - I just didn't feel right. I had just weaned ds. I stopped by the grocery. When it was positive, I kept looking at it as if I couldn't figure out what it meant (funny considering I have done literally hundreds of HPTs in my life).

Many congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy :)

Yep, I'm feeling a bit dazed here, lol. Shock. That's what it is, lol. Thank you sharing your experience. It helps!

...you're going to have a baby! Woohoo! I know it is a little shocking right now, but babies are cute and smell really good. And the surprises are really the best, most entertaining little buggers. Take a deep breath and enjoy. Since you cannot celebrate with a beverage, I shall do that for you;).

You are right! They are cute and smell really good. I've been taking LOTS of deep breaths, lol. Thanks for celebrating for me, lol.

I found out I was pregnant with our oldest 2 weeks after DH got accepted to grad school. We very much wanted children someday but the timing could've been better. The first few years were tough financially and I wasn't able to stay home with her like I would've ideally preferred. But it all turned out okay in the end.

In my heart, I *know* it will all turn out ok. It's trying to get my head around the facts, lol.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :grouphug:
Thank you!

As someone that has been surprised, it does work out. When I took the test with my oldest it came up positive right away. I waited the full time anyway, thinking maybe the line would go away. It didnt. I sat on the floor and cried. And cried. And cried. I kept saying "it's not supposed to be this way." But he is an amazing gift, and I'm so glad he is here. It turns out my grandmother developed alzheimers shortly after his birth, if I hadn't had him when I did she never would have gotten to know a great grandchild. I've always felt God timed his birth for a reason.

Hugs, and don't worry, when he/she gets here you will be estatic!

Oh yes, I cried off and on most of yesterday and last night. I kept waking up in the night and would think "Oh wow, I'm pregnant!". Surreal for sure.

It took me two months to even go buy the pregnancy test with current Little Bean. :tongue_smilie: We thought we were more than done. But, I already couldn't imagine our lives without Little Bean and there's still about 10 weeks left before we meet him or her.

Many congratulations to you :D ... allow your emotions to be all over the place; eventually they'll settle back down. :grouphug:

Thank you for the permission to let my emotions be all over...they most certainly ARE:001_smile:.

You know, it's so strange being pregnant again. I mean, my youngest is four and my dh did NOT want anymore. He also wasn't preventing so...hmmm:lol:. Since we haven't been very careful over the past four years and haven't gotten pregnant, I thought it wasn't going to happen. Boy, was I wrong!! Surprise!