Menu

Are the leaves changing where you are?

I am so ready for fall! I'm counting my blessings right now because it is actually already cool here in the mornings and highs only in the 80s, but I don't know when to expect the leaves to change here (in KS). In Dallas it was well into October before it looked like fall, no matter what the calendar said. So, what's it like where you're at?

I'm in NE OK, and there's nothing happening here yet, either. My FIL and his wife are coming to visit at the end of this week and wanted to know where the best foliage was. I just laughed. They're from upstate PA, near the NY line, and have been having highs in the 70s for weeks now. We're still running in the upper 80s to near 90. Fall leaves won't happen soon.

I'm in ATL, but YES. They are starting to change, albeit slowly and patchily. They are really changing in the mountains north of the city, and we're getting some change here. We went to the last day of the season for White Water (water park) on Sunday, and there were yellow, red, and orange leaves floating along with us!

Changing? Ever so slightly. They are falling, though. I have a different out each day raking and sweeping. They have been falling though all summer long due to the lack of rain.

Changing -- hmmmmmm, maybe not here for another week.........or three.

Temps are cooler in the a.m., though, but still quite warm in the afternoon.

Yep. they have been slowly changing for a few weeks (just enough to make you say "are the leaves turning?"), but it wasn't until just this week that they changed in earnest (one particular variety of Maples are all bright yellow, and the mountain looks colorful with reds and yellows). The River Birch in our yard are already half bare as are the Japanese Magnolias, and the Bermuda & Zoysia grasses are going dormant. Yet we're still hitting close to 95*.

Add to the trees the fact that we have **swarms** of butterflies, lots of hummingbirds, and tons of Canada Geese, and we are all confused.

This is happening earlier than usual.

Oh, we're in north Alabama.