Menu

When the day is not going well, I....

pack it all in and have a good workout! After my shower when I feel a bit better, I make hot chocolate and grab a book that never gets a turn during school. Something floofy and feel-good, like Polished Cornerstones. Math and LA will still be there tomorrow. :D

What about you? What do you do (or what does the inner you want to do) when the day is not going well?

I leave the house -- whether it's the park, Starbucks, the library, or heck - even the grocery store! - just getting out of the house usually does the trick for us.

If that's not a possibility, I throw Totoro in the DVD player and let the kids veg while I decompress in the bathtub. Exercise would probably be better but I'm way too lazy for that :)

I tell the kids that they are free and can go play, watch a movie or do something fluffy as well. Then I get myself a tasty snack, put on the headphones and watch a good show on Netflix. I like to watch BBC TV shows like Robinhood or Merlin is my latest. OH, and comfy, old pj's are worn even if it is early.

My other thing I do is a nightly walk with my oldest daughter. She and I chat about all sorts of things and have a lot of fun.

I keep plugging away. For some reason, I have a hard time getting all my needed days for school because of crazy things that happen in life. I have to take advantage of the days I know I can do school.

Like tomorrow I have a doc. appointment that is an hour away. I won't be able to do any school. I have a hard time doing 5 days a week because of things like this. There always seem to be something that causes me to only be able to do 4 days a week.:glare:

...put some whiskey in my coffee. :D I feel so much better just being a wee bit bad!

Right now, I'm in fall training mode, so I only get 1-2 drinks a week. I wouldn't waste it on whiskey hidden in coffee (not my fav). So, instead, I smile, regroup and go on with my day.

pack it all in and have a good workout! After my shower when I feel a bit better, I make hot chocolate and grab a book that never gets a turn during school. Something floofy and feel-good, like Polished Cornerstones. Math and LA will still be there tomorrow. :D

What about you? What do you do (or what does the inner you want to do) when the day is not going well?

You are a better woman than I.... I just go straight for the chocolate!!!

Sorry - a workout and something to drink will not cut it here today. :sad::crying: Received disappointing news late last night and I am not feeling any better this morning.

Usually, going back to bed (thought that is exactly what I want to do) is totally impossible.

I will do what I have to do today (we don't start school till Monday - major construction going on in our classroom area) in a total robot-like state. I don't have much to say to anyone around here - I guess I just have to work this out myself.

Would love to go back to bed.:sad:

Edited by MariannNOVA

Thank you. Yes, big time......but then I will start doing this: :crying:

i would love to sit on a beach and just stare for hours. Maybe tonight after everyone goes to bed, I can just sit in a chair and do that -- no beach, but staring will be nice.

:grouphug:

Mariann... :grouphug:

Sounds like you could use this:

:grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug:
Mariann... :grouphug:

Oh, thank you! I didn't know there was such a thing on youtube -- but I am a real youtube know-nothing.

I cannot wait to sit tonight and just stare -- I am going to see if they have a beach in Anguilla - easily the MOST gorgeous beach I have ever seen in my life. Thank you -- :grouphug:

Oh, thank you! I didn't know there was such a thing on youtube -- but I am a real youtube know-nothing.

I cannot wait to sit tonight and just stare -- I am going to see if they have a beach in Anguilla - easily the MOST gorgeous beach I have ever seen in my life. Thank you -- :grouphug:

You are most welcome. I will be joining you tonight across the world, sitting in a recliner, staring into my laptop. Only, my pretend vacation will likely be in in Mykanos, Greece. Anyone want to join in? We've got beaches from all over the world and we proudly offer a comfy comatose state for any wound-up/stressed out/busy mom... act NOW! These beach vacations are free for a limited time! :D

You are most welcome. I will be joining you tonight across the world, sitting in a recliner, staring into my laptop. Only, my pretend vacation will likely be in in Mykanos, Greece. Anyone want to join in? We've got beaches from all over the world and we proudly offer a comfy comatose state for any wound-up/stressed out/busy mom... act NOW! These beach vacations are free for a limited time! :D

Sign me up! I will be there! :sad: -- 'comfy comatose state' sounds good right now.

Thank you. Yes, big time......but then I will start doing this: :crying:

i would love to sit on a beach and just stare for hours. Maybe tonight after everyone goes to bed, I can just sit in a chair and do that -- no beach, but staring will be nice.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Normally I call my best friend, but SHE isn't answering the phone lately. *nudge*SpecialMama*nudge*

Makes a gal feel neglected. *sniffle*

If the day is not going well here, I stomp to the mailbox (which is a pretty good trek) or violently wash a batch of dishes. So while I don't exactly choose exercise, I guess I do see the need to get really physical for a few minutes. After that I can be more human, and proceed normally.

MrTea wisely lets me vent like crazy without offering advice! (No, of course he wasn't always that helpful ;) ) So some nights he gets an earful. Bless his heart. :001_smile:

In the old days I yelled. So while I probably still look foolish, I don't think anybody gets hurt in the process.