Menu

Wanna see a WHOLE BUNCH of homeschool rooms?

Thank you. It's nice to see a variety of school areas. Sometimes it gets a bit hard seeing the ones that are all decked out on what looks like an endless budget (not that I don't enjoy seeing them, but knowing that it's not realistic for a family on a tight budget...I do enjoy star gazing though). Seeing some where some people have just used what they have and made it work is encouraging and resourceful.

Wow, yeah, ours is nothing like those.

We are using the sunroom off of our kitchen. I like the location because I can work in the kitchen while they do school if I need to, but we only have 2 useable walls as the other two are floor to ceiling windows. It is nice for the view and lighting, but I have realized we can't fit any more shelves in there and there is no room for bean bag chairs at all.

Maybe I can get some pics of my room taken.

Dawn

Thanks! I am looking for ideas.

We are going to swap our large living room with our small playroom/school room/home office to increase how much room I have to spread out. I have been matching everything to the pink and green theme of the playroom, so nothing is going to match our pinkish-red living room walls. It'll be worth it though to not feel like the walls are closing in on me!

We have more of a shoe string budget, but I have been stockpiling things over the years and dh and I are building all of the furniture.

And we clear the table to eat meals. Our school room is nothing fancy at all! I don't have educational posters or the alphabet across the wall. I don't have a white board and only have one small book shelf and a nearby, converted linen closet to hold supplies. Am I lame or what!!??

And we clear the table to eat meals. Our school room is nothing fancy at all! I don't have educational posters or the alphabet across the wall. I don't have a white board and only have one small book shelf and a nearby, converted linen closet to hold supplies. Am I lame or what!!??

I have a school room of sorts, but right now the place we do school is the dining room. I'm going to simplify even further this year (Your plan sounds dreamy by the way--not lame at all!). I'm still working out the details of that, but it will involve getting rid of approximately half of my accumulated stuff.

This is us right now - schooling at the dining room table and clearing it when we need to eat there. I used to have the nice, big school room with all the posters and shelves and tables and desks and toys and games and puzzles and bins full of craft supplies and lots of books... We had to downsize, though, and I really miss it. :(

It's not so much that I miss having all that stuff, but rather having a place for everything. I don't like having bits and pieces of our school stuff in every room of the house. I know now that I don't need as much stuff as I had, but it would still be nice to have a designated room for it - even if it was just a converted closet. :D

I've been looking through the pics of all the school rooms and enjoy seeing what everyone does with their space. I'll admit, though, that I'm slightly put off by the up-close photos of the books that some people have posted. It's awesome to be able to have lots of book shelves full of books (if that's what you want), but those close-ups seem to say, "Ooh, look what I've got!".... maybe it's just me, maybe a tiny bit of jealousy, who knows? :tongue_smilie: