Menu

Been lurking for a while... started posting more a week or so ago...

And I'm really starting to dig this place! So I thought I'd say so and post a little intro. :001_smile:

I'm Shanna, from Alaska. Pretty much born and bred, with short stints in NM and Germany as a teenager. I've been married to my awesome hubby for going on nine years, and we've been blessed with two sons and a daughter, ages 7, 4, and 2.5.

Let's see... I'm a birth junkie and studying to become a childbirth educator and eventually move into doula work... perhaps even midwifery. My youngest was born at home, unassisted, into my hands. :D

I love coffee a little too much.

Diet Pepsi, too.

I'm on day five of the South Beach diet, for the third or fourth time. Sigh. I really need to stick with it, but MAAAAN, I like carbs.

Um, wow, I'm talking too much about food and drink, let's move on... :lol:

I am a curriculum freak, and love to research things. To death. It's kinda sick, actually.

I'd consider us eclectic. Charlotte Mason-y, classical-ish, relaxed.

We're into camping, hiking, biking, long walks on the beach... ;)

I love Jesus. I hate religion. :tongue_smilie:

What else does one say in an intro... hrmmm...

I'm 5'11", long brown hair, brown eyes... Heehee... Anyway!

I like ellipses. :blush:

ETA: I also really like smilies.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum!

Hi Shanna! So glad to 'meet' you. I love this board, too. Lots of people with interests similar to mine, lots of people totally different from me, and lots of wise voices from all sides. All of us trying to do our very best to give our kids great educational opportunities, and solid starts in life.

I so admire your unassisted birth. I wish I were that brave and together. I've had 7 unmedicated, totally active, wonderful births, but at the moment the baby's born, I'm completely unable to do anything but push :001_smile: Maybe next time....!!!!!:D

:001_smile:I KNEW you were Shanna....I almost PMed you, but didn't want to look like I was stalking you.:tongue_smilie:

Welcome!

Ha! I did the same thing! I was all --- PAULA!!! :lol: Next thought - Oh, I shoulda KNOWN she'd be here! Hee!

Hi Shanna! I'm a Shanna, too!

Rhymes with Banana or Donna or...? Banana here. :D

Welcome. My best friend was a missionary in Alaska for 15 years---way up in Wainwright though.

Oooh, cool! We're in Southcentral, but I grew up in the interior - Fairbanks, North Pole, etc.

Hi Shanna! So glad to 'meet' you. I love this board, too. Lots of people with interests similar to mine, lots of people totally different from me, and lots of wise voices from all sides. All of us trying to do our very best to give our kids great educational opportunities, and solid starts in life.

I so admire your unassisted birth. I wish I were that brave and together. I've had 7 unmedicated, totally active, wonderful births, but at the moment the baby's born, I'm completely unable to do anything but push :001_smile: Maybe next time....!!!!!:D

Ohhh, I wasn't brave and together, no no... It was unexpected but perfect, if you kwim. Blissful. My midwife was sure shocked, though! I would go UC again, if we were to have another. :) So, do you birth at home? Mama of 7! You are BLESSED. :grouphug: Nice to "meetcha" here!

:001_smile:I KNEW you were Shanna....I almost PMed you, but didn't want to look like I was stalking you.:tongue_smilie:

Welcome!

Welcome! I did notice we have an Alaskan on the board, at least one easily identified. Right now, I'd like to be where you are assuming your temps are under F100. ;)

I love doulas and had such a wonderful experience with ours, with the birth of our daughter. :grouphug:

I'm also a curriculum and research freak. :D

Also eclectic - with some CM - but that's less now as they're getting older.

Also love smilies, but I don't always have time to copy and paste. :D

Welcome! Dh is from Palmer and still has loads of family up there. He went to school for a year in Fairbanks, where is fondest memory is blowing soap bubbles that froze before they reached the ground. He now lives as far away from the cold as possible--in Florida!

Hi Shanna Banana! All we require here is an irrational attachment to the board, really. You should be just fine!

Sah-weet! :lol:

Banana here, too ;)

:cheers2:

Welcome! Dh is from Palmer and still has loads of family up there. He went to school for a year in Fairbanks, where is fondest memory is blowing soap bubbles that froze before they reached the ground. He now lives as far away from the cold as possible--in Florida!

We went to Florida for our honeymoon! LOVED it! Palmer/the valley is one of our favorite day trips. :D