Menu

Amazon "Currently Unavailable"

I'm scared to check on my wishlist.....I too had the list of books I wanted there. I want to sleep tonight rather than hunting through all the blogs I got the books from. :tongue_smilie:

Sites going down.... one of the reasons why I like paper and pencil!!! I allowed myself to get sucked into the safe feeling techonology trap once again.

Yikes, I just had a panic attack reading this thread! I checked my account, though, and all 168 items are still in my cart and the nearly 600 items in my various wishlists are all accounted for as well. I'm so glad I didn't see this earlier, or log into my Amazon account before now, because I think I would have been physically ill if I'd thought everything was gone for good! :eek: :ack2: :willy_nilly:

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno
typo

I'm trying to imagine 2500 "key" people (i.e. all probably smart, ambitious b*sta%ds) in one of those for 60 months. Maybe 50 alive at the end? In two factions, with 3 paranoids holed up in one room each.

:smilielol5:

I love the design, though — I want a one-family version! I would seriously love to build one of those partially-underground "earthship" houses (dug into a hillside with back walls made of tires filled with packed dirt). I know someone who built one of those near Taos and it's beautiful — warm in winter, cool in summer, cheap to heat, totally off-grid. I wonder if Amazon Prime includes air drops? :lol:

Jackie

I'm up. Ordered a coloring book to celebrate.

Lucky duck. My cart is empty. And oh the irony. Here is what my shopping cart says:

Your Shopping Cart is empty. Your Shopping Cart lives to serve. Give it purpose--fill it with books, CDs, videos, DVDs, toys, electronics, and more.

This is the first time my cart has been empty since about 1995.

I'm trying to imagine 2500 "key" people (i.e. all probably smart, ambitious b*sta%ds) in one of those for 60 months. Maybe 50 alive at the end? In two factions, with 3 paranoids holed up in one room each.

That's exactly what I thought! Especially when they were offering discounts for military types. Ummm...clearly you people don't know them. :lol:

My Saved Items cart still lost most of its items. :(

I did find a cool link about the Amazon shopping cart, including what the website looked when it first launched:

http://www.grokdotcom.com/2008/02/26/amazon-shopping-cart/

Me too. I had carefully pared it down to 126 items a few weeks ago including carefully saved items from 2008. :( I'm so bummed.

I'm so glad to see this thread. I wondered what in the world was going on. My wishlist was gone, but today has returned. The most unfortunate thing though... my shopping cart is EMPTY! I had 3 pages of things "saved for later" and now they're all gone.

This is just end-of-the-world category of shocking. I've been an amazon customer for a quarter of my life, and only once did they have a problem on their site that I can remember. I mean, Amazon just does not go down!

ETA: I just went over to the site. My shopping cart is empty! 872 items, gone!

:willy_nilly:

Whoa... guess I shouldn't complain about my 70+/- items.

I know this does not help you have lost things from your shopping cart, but I always add things to the Shopping List option, under the add to cart button. Then when you are in the Shopping List page, you just check a box next to the item you want to buy and click add to cart. I never have things in my shopping cart unless I am about to buy them.

I know this does not help you have lost things from your shopping cart, but I always add things to the Shopping List option, under the add to cart button. Then when you are in the Shopping List page, you just check a box next to the item you want to buy and click add to cart. I never have things in my shopping cart unless I am about to buy them.

Thanks Sarah, I didn't know about the shopping list. The only problem with that is that I leave things in "Saved for later" so that I get notified when prices change. That way I can buy when the price is most attractive.

Ah well. Fortunately, I spent a half hour yesterday paring down my shopping cart and moving things to wish lists, so I only lost ~30 items in my cart.

Those who've lost lots of items might want to call tech support. They do have archived lists of cart items, and should be able to provide you with a list via email. Then you could re-enter the items in your cart yourself. However, it can be very difficult to reach the right dept when calling the regular Amazon CS number, so either track down a direct number for tech support, or stock up on patience.

I am on hold with Amazon CS trying to find out if and when my cart will be restored. He said they are trying to get everyone's carts restored completely and I should be receiving an email about it soon. He put me on hold to check for updates. Here's hoping!!!:001_unsure::toetap05:

I am on hold with Amazon CS trying to find out if and when my cart will be restored. He said they are trying to get everyone's carts restored completely and I should be receiving an email about it soon. He put me on hold to check for updates. Here's hoping!!!:001_unsure::toetap05:

Interesting. I was just getting used to the idea of my empty cart, and wondering if I could sort of look at this like a fresh start, a new life, an opportunity to create a new identity....

I emailed customer service last night. I just received this email. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

Melinda

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that the items disappeared from your Shopping Cart.

We have recently completed some upgrades on our web site, and it is possible that the problems you encountered are linked with those changes. I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

Please try again over the next few days. Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

Your Shopping Cart is related to your Amazon.com account. If you create your list while you are logged into your account, and then log out, your items will seem to disappear. If this is the case, you should be able to retrieve your cart by simply logging back into your account.

However there is no need to be concerned, once this error is resolved, all of your items will be restored back in your shopping cart.

If after two days you are still experiencing the same problem, please call our customer service department over phone so we can investigate further, here are our customer service phone numbers:

— U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072

— International: 1-206-266-2992

We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you have any further questions or difficulties, please visit our Help pages:

I'm so glad to see this thread. I wondered what in the world was going on. My wishlist was gone, but today has returned. The most unfortunate thing though... my shopping cart is EMPTY! I had 3 pages of things "saved for later" and now they're all gone.

AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My cart was empty, but I had 32 pages of "save for later" stuff in my cart!!!!

AHHHHHHH

Kris

My shopping cart and 12 pages of saved items are back!!!!!

I had given up all hope.

I had just added something to my barren cart. After all, I couldn't just leave it empty like that ... lol.

Then, I added a second item, and right before my very eyes, MY CART REAPPEARED!! Everything exactly as I left it!!

I must have inadvertantly let out a little squeal because a couple dc came running in to see what was going on :blush:.

(I must admit though, I am just a tad bit disappointed. I think I had almost convinced myself that this was a good thing - a fresh start - and now that's been taken away from me too! lol :tongue_smilie:)

Good luck to those out their whose carts are still missing! (Or am I the last one to get theirs back?)