Menu

Update on My Kitchen.........

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your post count increase any faster with word count?

If so, then I've been going about this all wrong.

I don't know. You're doing pretty well for only a couple months. (And I totally thought you'd been her for years, like me, so I am confused.)

I love this song!!!!!

I think Mariann is the back up singer in the pink dress!!

First of all, I DON'T DO pink. bron47l.jpg

That was the best display of disdain I could find without using a photo of a cat.................................aw, what the heck:

disdain-cat.jpg

SECOND: I would NEVER be the 'back-up' singer!

I would be the STAR!Barbra_Streisand_666103.jpg

But you wouldn't have stage fright!

And that, Starr, is how I know you are a FAN!

My dad began buying her albums when I was not even ten years old -- I have listened to her forever -- I love her voice. One of my nieces (funny, NOT the one at Juilliard majoring in voice) could be la Streisand in her younger days,

<snip>

I'm younger than her -- and my husband is 11 yrs younger than me - the way TR and SS were - WHAT IS SHE THINKING?

Anyway, I digress, DA: :lol::lol::lol: to the denture and walker remarks.

<<<Whispering>>> Mariann, did you just say you're a cougar? Or did I misunderstand? :bigear:

First, I thought you were June Cleaver (my bad), then I find out you're a Talbot's type who drives a hummer, and now this :tongue_smilie:..........

Other than her headbanging? Nope. I think it's too much for her to take.

LOL, I can sympathize. We remodeled our kitchen a couple years ago and it took FOREVER. We had no sink for 2 months. Not even going to discuss how long it took to have a fully functioning kitchen again. Of course, we ripped everything out down to the subfloor and started over again. But now it is gorgeous!

LOL, I can sympathize. We remodeled our kitchen a couple years ago and it took FOREVER. We had no sink for 2 months. Not even going to discuss how long it took to have a fully functioning kitchen again. Of course, we ripped everything out down to the subfloor and started over again. But now it is gorgeous!

What colors did you choose? We are getting ready to remodel (I am not asking Mariann for help, though) and I am curious as to what other people choose.

Isn't there a board rule, a requirement that you post photos when you reference a remodel that turned out "gorgeous?" I know there's a recipe rule. If there isn't a kitchen remodel rule, there should be.

Nicole, who just realized that she is now an Empress Bee and does not remember being an Empress Bee yesterday

<<<Whispering>>> Mariann, did you just say you're a cougar? Or did I misunderstand? :bigear:

First, I thought you were June Cleaver (my bad), then I find out you're a Talbot's type who drives a hummer, and now this :tongue_smilie:..........

A cougar? Well, I guess not - we've been married fifteen years - I think I was referred to as 'they don't think they'll kids, do they?' :001_tt2:

My dh says that he is young on the outside and OLD on the inside.;)

I tried June Cleaver the first time around. I wasn't wise enough to know that I should have picked up on the 'CLEAVER' and followed it through logically.:glare:

FWIW, my sister (the doctor) is six years younger than me. To this day, EVERYONE thinnks she is the older one!:D

This time around, I think you have nailed it: Talbot's/J.Jill/Eileen Fisher/Bloomingdale's/Lord & Taylor in a Hummer.;)

Oh wow! I hate I missed this last night! Instead I woke up after trying to sleep late and I'm trying not to laugh too much and wake up my hubbie over there!

You guys are hilarious! How did I not know??

Good morning!

:seeya:Hi, Jessica. Good Morning! I have to tell you - you must have funny stuff to tell - the only female in a house of MALES! C'mon!

The majority of the walls are Antique velvet (warm beige) and we have an accent wall with Dark Russet (a deep cinnamon color - we used a flat finish on this wall so it wouldn't stand out too much and dominate the space). The cabinets are white laminate, appliances are also white. The backsplash is stainless steel tiles on one level, dark beige glass tiles on the other level. Countertop is a dark reddish granite. I would take a pic but it is a bit messy right now. Oh, what the heck...

Listen up: I have been without a sink since SEPTEMBER 19! Granted, for four months we were living in the hotel (which was not without its hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. challenges.:glare:)

We've been back here since February 14. STILL.NO.SINK.

A while back - months back, in fact, someone here told me that if I sent her husband an airline ticket, he would come here and finish my kitchen. I SO should have taken her up on that!

DH leaves tomorrow morning for Oklahoma City for the entire week. I know that you will understand me when I say this: it will be a relatively easier week than when he is here.

And, btw, we were in Wegman's yesterday to do the weekly food shopping. DH was not amused when every single Wegman's employee who crossed out path DID greet us sometimes by name (one of the kids) or TRULY appear to KNOW us.:lol:

And, what exactly is holding up everything. In a nutshell (and I do not use that word without careful consideration), the custom panels (because I selected a custom finish on the cabinetry) for the Sub-Zero fridge.........and all cabinetry installation begins at the fridge......so until those are made to specification, nothing can begin.

It will be gorgeous (and I would love to see photos of yours) but I am too old for this.

That's okay. Because as soon as she gets that AGA stove installed, I'm going to have to hate her. I'd like to delay that as long as possible.

You hate me? :svengo: The AGA is in and we have been using it. I LOVE IT. If it is possible to LOVE an appliance, I LOVE my AGA. And, the Sub-Zero: I LOVE the Sub-Zero. But, that is different b/c I had one in another house so I knew I would love it.

The AGA is love-worthy! I will definitely get another one when we move. Folks who come look at our house when it is finally on the market had best throw rose petals on the floor in front of the AGA - it is THAT good!

Wow. I would be ready to kill someone. My mother could sympathize even more than me. She came back from vacation 2 years ago to find the house flooded from a broken pipe in the upstairs bathroom. They are almost done with the renovations. :glare:

Actually, most of it was done within 6-9 months, but there was a hassle with the insurance company about a few things, so they are just now getting done.

The majority of the walls are Antique velvet (warm beige) and we have an accent wall with Dark Russet (a deep cinnamon color - we used a flat finish on this wall so it wouldn't stand out too much and dominate the space). The cabinets are white laminate, appliances are also white. The backsplash is stainless steel tiles on one level, dark beige glass tiles on the other level. Countertop is a dark reddish granite. I would take a pic but it is a bit messy right now. Oh, what the heck...

:drool5::drool5::drool5: Beige glass tiles? I'm jealous. I am going to put some glass tiles in the bathrooms - LOVE glass tiles.

We are using a silestone that is called 'Wilshire Red' - sounds similar to what you have - it is a fabulous counter top and with the Buttercream Color cabinets it looks fabulous. Yours must be fantastic with white - I LOVE white cabinetry.

Wow. I would be ready to kill someone. My mother could sympathize even more than me. She came back from vacation 2 years ago to find the house flooded from a broken pipe in the upstairs bathroom. They are almost done with the renovations. :glare:

Actually, most of it was done within 6-9 months, but there was a hassle with the insurance company about a few things, so they are just now getting done.

Your mom and I have SO much in common. You understand then.;)

Ok, don't shoot me, but......

What's an AGA?

Not going to shoot you: http://www.aga-ranges.com/_store/Scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=157

Mine is brick red. The AGA was dh's 'male menopause' appliance - he'll get the Porsche next year.:lol::lol:

I am amazed at how this thing cooks. Really amazed. I will most definitely get another one in the next house. A friend from the UK who lives in NoVa for the next few months came over and I had to wipe the slobber marks off it.:glare:

The AGA is probably the equivalent of an Electrolux Range here in the states. I know that there are ranges out there from Europe that are just gorgeous and just amazing.....but also unbelievably $$$$$.

Not going to shoot you: http://www.aga-ranges.com/_store/Scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=157

Mine is brick red. The AGA was dh's 'male menopause' appliance - he'll get the Porsche next year.:lol::lol:

I am amazed at how this thing cooks. Really amazed. I will most definitely get another one in the next house. A friend from the UK who lives in NoVa for the next few months came over and I had to wipe the slobber marks off it.:glare:

The AGA is probably the equivalent of an Electrolux Range here in the states. I know that there are ranges out there from Europe that are just gorgeous and just amazing.....but also unbelievably $$$$$.

Ooooh, pretty! It's what my GE convection oven wants to be when it grows up. :D

You hate me? :svengo: The AGA is in and we have been using it. I LOVE IT. If it is possible to LOVE an appliance, I LOVE my AGA. And, the Sub-Zero: I LOVE the Sub-Zero. But, that is different b/c I had one in another house so I knew I would love it.

The AGA is love-worthy! I will definitely get another one when we move. Folks who come look at our house when it is finally on the market had best throw rose petals on the floor in front of the AGA - it is THAT good!

It's in already? How did I miss that?

Hmm. Let me check. Hate...? Hate...?

Nope. Funny how that works, the jealousy thing.

And, actually, I have a genuine 1950 Fridgidaire range that still cooks like a charm, though the chrome is a little high maintenance. I'm happy with it. But I do love AGAs, and I'm glad you have one. When I come to visit, I will be sure to bring rose petals.

It's in already? How did I miss that?

Hmm. Let me check. Hate...? Hate...?

Nope. Funny how that works, the jealousy thing.

And, actually, I have a genuine 1950 Fridgidaire range that still cooks like a charm, though the chrome is a little high maintenance. I'm happy with it. But I do love AGAs, and I'm glad you have one. When I come to visit, I will be sure to bring rose petals.

THAT is why I bought the AGA. I wanted to do 'The Farm Kitchen from Lassie' (the dog on tv when I was a little kid - yes, we had TV then!:glare:).

The AGA lends a certain 'The Farm Kitchen from Lassie After Lassie Hit The Big Time and the $$$$$ Started Rolling In':lol:

It's the Retro lines of the AGA tha i love - I wanted the fridge and DW but we didn't want to spend that kind of $$$$ as we were fairly certain we would be moving again.

Speaking of beautiful appliances, while discussing an extremely beautiful but ridiculously expensive toaster, I mentioned to a British friend that I am attracted to AGA stoves, and this was his response:

AGA! Very popular in Britain amongst the tweed wearing, foxhunting, Tory voting set. I'll bet David Cameron has one! I'm not even sure you are allowed to buy one if you vote Labour--they would kick me out the showroom door! Joking aside, they are brilliant but take up a lot more room than a toaster. I understand your attraction to appliances as I have a similar affliction involving power tools. (Love my compressor!)

That sort of cured me of my desire for an AGA, because I am desperately in love with Robert Timmons, stalwart Labour Party supporter.

THAT is why I bought the AGA. I wanted to do 'The Farm Kitchen from Lassie' (the dog on tv when I was a little kid - yes, we had TV then!:glare:).

The AGA lends a certain 'The Farm Kitchen from Lassie After Lassie Hit The Big Time and the $$$$$ Started Rolling In':lol:

It's the Retro lines of the AGA tha i love - I wanted the fridge and DW but we didn't want to spend that kind of $$$$ as we were fairly certain we would be moving again.

Gasp! They make fridges and dishwashers, too!? Wowie. Where have I been living? I love kitchens from TV shows. I only watch TV for the kitchens. Wooster (as in Jeeves and...) has an awesome apartment kitchen, and I love Dorcas' kitchen in Lark Rise to Candleford, too. I did not watch Lassie as a kid, so I will have to go check that out.

OH MY!!! Beautiful! I am coveting...and on a Sunday at that! :tongue_smilie:

I LOVE the stainless steel tiles for the backsplace. I want that! My kitchen is going to be redone...the only thing that must stay are my new fabulous black appliances. I'm thinking about going chocolate (Painted) cabinets, granite counters in colors to tie in and lighten up...and now wonder how stainless steel backspash would look with that.....

And, actually, I have a genuine 1950 Fridgidaire range that still cooks like a charm, though the chrome is a little high maintenance.

I have an original to the house Chambers stove c. 1929 that I love with all my heart.

http://antiquestoveheaven.com/showframe.html (it is like the 1st and 3rd... however, these photos are horrible.)

I also don't have ANY cabinets in my kitchen. :confused:

OH MY!!! Beautiful! I am coveting...and on a Sunday at that! :tongue_smilie:

I LOVE the stainless steel tiles for the backsplace. I want that! My kitchen is going to be redone...the only thing that must stay are my new fabulous black appliances. I'm thinking about going chocolate (Painted) cabinets, granite counters in colors to tie in and lighten up...and now wonder how stainless steel backspash would look with that.....

I'm just coveting a clean kitchen! And Truscifi, if that picture was of a messy kitchen, then you would faint if you saw mine!

I am amazed at how this thing cooks. Really amazed. I will most definitely get another one in the next house. A friend from the UK who lives in NoVa for the next few months came over and I had to wipe the slobber marks off it. The AGA is probably the equivalent of an Electrolux Range here in the states. I know that there are ranges out there from Europe that are just gorgeous and just amazing.....but also unbelievably $$$$$

Ooooooh.......very pretty. I love it.

I have an original to the house Chambers stove c. 1929 that I love with all my heart.

http://antiquestoveheaven.com/showframe.html (it is like the 1st and 3rd... however, these photos are horrible.)

:willy_nilly:

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

No cabinets? How does that happen? Is it the original kitchen? What's in there if there are no cabinets? :confused:

See, I'm trying to balance this :willy_nilly:+ :confused: and I can't...!

I LOVE LOVe LOVE it! No wonder you don't post much - I would just sit there and gaze at it lovingly!

I only have base cabinets and not many of those. My decision. I think our space is too small and wall cabinets make it look cramped. Now that there are no wall cabinets, everyone agrees that I was right.:glare:

I prefer antique freestanding pieces to store dinnerware, etc. I have an armoire that is holding all of that stuff right now. Once things get completed (probably in the year 2035 or thereabouts), I will move things from the armoire into the base cabinets. But right now, that's where they have to stay.