Menu

Update on My Kitchen.........

:willy_nilly:

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

No cabinets? How does that happen? Is it the original kitchen? What's in there if there are no cabinets? :confused:

See, I'm trying to balance this :willy_nilly:+ :confused: and I can't...!

I will take a photo and it will explain much, maybe. We are the second owners on a 1929 house. It had the original red & white cut linoleum floor, but it was so damaged in one corner, and was such a PITA to clean that I had to put down some crappy other flooring. I HATE it, but at least I can clean it.

I want to put up a tin ceiling.

I don't know, it is a small kitchen, and I just can't bring myself to put anything up. Also, we are cheap.:D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE LOVe LOVE it! No wonder you don't post much - I would just sit there and gaze at it lovingly!

I only have base cabinets and not many of those. My decision. I think our space is too small and wall cabinets make it look cramped. Now that there are no wall cabinets, everyone agrees that I was right.:glare:

I prefer antique freestanding pieces to store dinnerware, etc. I have an armoire that is holding all of that stuff right now. Once things get completed (probably in the year 2035 or thereabouts), I will move things from the armoire into the base cabinets. But right now, that's where they have to stay.

My mother-in-law has an antique pie safe that she uses for dishes. It is gorgeous.

I'm just coveting a clean kitchen! And Truscifi, if that picture was of a messy kitchen, then you would faint if you saw mine!

LOL, I moved stuff off the counter before I took the photos. And thanks, I picked out the backsplash myself. :blush:

My mother-in-law has an antique pie safe that she uses for dishes. It is gorgeous.

I'll bet it is! I have an antique jam cupboard (same thing as pie safe really) and I have been searching for ceramic antique jam jars that cost less than a lung and a kidney for years b/c I would love to put those on top.:)

I'm just coveting a clean kitchen! And Truscifi, if that picture was of a messy kitchen, then you would faint if you saw mine!

:iagree::iagree:

I live in an old doublewide...and the kitchen is....less then stellar.

Fake wood grain formica countertops on one side. Cheap covered-by-something-that-I-don't-know-the-name-of-stuff particle board (yes particle board, the handy man of the place love that stuff) on the other side. No it doesn't match.

It is functional...kinda...but very ugly.

Sophia - sometimes it's better not to know. Smile and laugh - you stay out of trouble that way. Remember, no matter how badly you want to see what is going on DO not touch the forsythia bushes or you may see this:

AlQaida_Penguin.gifpenguin.jpgtuxsoldierdo0.jpgprowildlife.jpg

OMG This had me lauging out loud!!!!

:seeya:Hi, Jessica. Good Morning! I have to tell you - you must have funny stuff to tell - the only female in a house of MALES! C'mon!

I know I can tell you one thing this morning. You know those funny videos you see of people being pulled on giant floats behind boats on the lake and how funny it looks when they go flying off and bouncing across the water? Well, let me tell you all something if you don't know; they HURT the next morning! LOL I swear the skin on the front of my shins are bruised (the skin!), my neck, shoulders and upper arms feel like someone just had a great time beating me up yesterday.

However, I will tell NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON about this today! My 14yr old is the one that wanted me to ride with him and we laughed and played and had a great time.

And the house is still a wreck from the 4yr old's birthday party Saturday, so we really need to clean house.

Somebody give me a great big Motrin...please! LOL :)

I'll bet it is! I have an antique jam cupboard (same thing as pie safe really) and I have been searching for ceramic antique jam jars that cost less than a lung and a kidney for years b/c I would love to put those on top.:)

If you pm me a link with a picture of the jam jars, I'll keep an eye out. We can often find such things much cheaper here or at my MIL's in MN than in VA. She used to live in Woodbridge and was always amazed at how cheap things were down here.

On another related topic, did you say you have red countertops? I am trying to decide on countertops. We are going to paint the cabinets ivory. The walls are cashmere (dark ivory) and I don't know about countertops.

If you pm me a link with a picture of the jam jars, I'll keep an eye out. We can often find such things much cheaper here or at my MIL's in MN than in VA. She used to live in Woodbridge and was always amazed at how cheap things were down here.

On another related topic, did you say you have red countertops? I am trying to decide on countertops. We are going to paint the cabinets ivory. The walls are cashmere (dark ivory) and I don't know about countertops.

Actually if you can post a picture of a jam jar on here, I'll look for it too. My 14 and 12yr old boys enjoy the flea markets and such.

You guys are the BEST! I will search and post pictures later today! Thanks!

Caroline: The counter tops will be (notice I said 'will be' as in 'they are not here yet') silestone in Wilshire Red (that is the name of the color chip). It is alot of deep red, different shades of red in gray and black (picture a sweater). If your cabinets are ivory, you will want a darker color for the countertops to 'ground' them. Our cabinets are a buttercream yellow with a chocolate glaze on one wall and an ivory with a chocolate glaze on another.

Jessica: YOU DID WHAT?!:w00t: The motrin is in the cabinet to the left of the toaster oven.;) You are my hero today!