Menu

if you had a Jesus statue that was struck by lightning...

Can I just say that I sort of hope they don't rebuild but leave the skeleton intact? I saw the pictures in today's paper and while I think the old statue looks rather cheesy (Poor giant Jesus, buried to his armpits) my modern art lovig soul thinks the underlying structure that survived is wonderfully poetic and attractive.

Can I just say that I sort of hope they don't rebuild but leave the skeleton intact? I saw the pictures in today's paper and while I think the old statue looks rather cheesy (Poor giant Jesus, buried to his armpits) my modern art lovig soul thinks the underlying structure that survived is wonderfully poetic and attractive.

It's now being called the Terminator Jesus because of the metal underneath. :lol::lol:

Excellent point, asta.

Although, if anyone in the future is wondering how to immortalize my memory please do not do it in bizarre statue form. I've also told my kids I do not want to be immortalized in a graphic on the back of their car. :tongue_smilie:

Perhaps they can correct the grammar on road signs in your memory?

"The apostrophe does not belong!~in memory of a grammar nerd"

I skimmed an article about this earlier today that said something like, "Don't worry, I suspect the statue will be back in 3 days." LOLOL :lol:

I missed this the first time. :lol:

Well, the Hustler store across the highway is just fine.

This is what I'm saying.

Scary to think of that staring at you when you go to get some midnight ice cream when you can't sleep.

:blink:

I can see it now - Big Butter Mrs. Mungo with outstretched arms holding up a Mike's! :lol:

And a kitten in the other. :lol::lol:

OH dear, rotflmao.

Perhaps they can correct the grammar on road signs in your memory?

"The apostrophe does not belong!~in memory of a grammar nerd"

That would be awesome!

I can see it now - Big Butter Mrs. Mungo with outstretched arms holding up a Mike's! :lol:

:lol::lol:ROFL again!!! You guys are killing me!!!:D

ETA- The kids wonder what the heck I am falling over laughing about!!

Edited by jazzyfizzle

:lol: That is hilarious. I thought it was a full body statue but no....

I do not understand that statue at all. No wonder He didn't like it!

Actually the statue was not sticking just out of the ground but overlooks this reflecting pool of water. It actually looks more like he is drowning which my dh laughs about since Jesus could walk on water but is drowning in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...