Menu

DH was 10 feet away from bomb blast tonight!

Bomb blasts at the cricket stadium tonight as people were arriving for the game. DH was ten feet away. Of course, the game was not cancelled - nothing gets between Indians and their cricket! Scary moments however. No word yet on what type of terrorist this was. The latest news is saying there were two blasts an police found and diffused a third bomb. These things make you feel very insecure living abroad!

Edited by Cammie

Yikes! It is scary, isn't it? Was it bad?

The closest I've been to that situation was when I was in college and I was taking French classes at the Licee in Madrid. This is located almost next to the central Courts where a cell of the Basque terrorist group was having a hearing and some right wing extremists detonated a couple of home made bombs. We heard and felt the blasts and then someone opened the classroom door ordering to leave the classroom in French, my language skills suddently sharpened and I understood every word!!! Fortunately only some cars were damaged and no personal injuries occurred.

I think I understand about Indians and cricket. I've seen the passion with which Sri Lankans follow theirs, and it's not just men, ladies are really into it too!

Thanks! Of course he attended the game!! I think the officials were more afraid of a stampede or panic in the 40,000 in the stadium so the game had to go on as normal.

Now they are saying there were 3 bombs placed at different exits timed to go off when all the people would be exiting the match.

I hope the catch the bas**ds fast!