Menu

Singapore Math US/ Std

Aludlam

I have read lots of things about the Singapore editions, but I still don't know which to get. I wanted to make a poll, but have no idea how to do it. So, I thought maybe people could just post which one they use (US or Standard). That way I could get an idea what the majority of people use.

Thanks

Angela

Does anyone know of a source for the CWP books? They're no longer available from the publisher, and I haven't had much luck finding them used.
According to their website, SingaporeMath.com is coming out with a comparable replacement product next month.

We're using the Standards edition. I like it more than the US edition, but it's harder to find used (just FYI). I've pretty much given up on finding them and I went ahead and bought the books we'll need for next year new from Rainbow Resource.

:iagree: I've given up on finding used. (Though I did get 3B Tests from paperbackswap.com:D) I always purchase from BestEduSource.com and actually I should have something in my mail box today. :lol:

We're using the Standards edition. I like it more than the US edition, but it's harder to find used (just FYI). I've pretty much given up on finding them and I went ahead and bought the books we'll need for next year new from Rainbow Resource.

Would you share why you like the standard edition more?

thank you

Angela

I started my youngest with the US edition of 1a/1b and bought the HIG, which I love. Next year we will switch to the SE since the HIG is written by the same person who wrote the HIG for IA/B of the US edition. From what I understand, the rest of the HIG for the US editions are written by someone else, and some who have used both say they are not as well done. So we'll be switching earlier than I had planned because of the guides. I also have all the CWP books, plus some of the 1st grade IP books. We'll do the 1st grade books over the summer as review and pick up with 2a/b in the fall.

US Edition. We just started 4A this week and I really debated switching to Standards, but decided to stick with what we have been using all along. We supplement with MEP and are looking forward to seeing what they replace CWP with -- for now I am writing word problems.

After reading about a bunch of math programs, I had resolved to most likely do Singapore and MEP for 4th grade, but after seeing the price ($83) for one year's worth of basic materials for Singapore, I'm back to being unsure. That seems like an awfully high price for one year's worth of math.

Don't get me wrong - I HIGHLY value math and am quite the math lover myself. But the price just seems really high. Where do you all buy your materials? I'd rather get new, but would get used if they were unwritten in. Thanks.

After reading about a bunch of math programs, I had resolved to most likely do Singapore and MEP for 4th grade, but after seeing the price ($83) for one year's worth of basic materials for Singapore, I'm back to being unsure. That seems like an awfully high price for one year's worth of math.

Don't get me wrong - I HIGHLY value math and am quite the math lover myself. But the price just seems really high. Where do you all buy your materials? I'd rather get new, but would get used if they were unwritten in. Thanks.

You don't need to spend $83. You don't have to buy every book in the series. I usually spend around $48 for 2 textbooks, 2 workbooks, and the CWP. I buy US Editions.