Menu

Yummy Meats just came to my door!

:cheers2:

I have never had the meat truck show up at my house. I've even lived in an area where they operated, and a friend bought some of their stuff.

Maybe one day I'll be able to firmly close the door on the meat guys. :tongue_smilie:

Good for you!

My dh BOUGHT some of that meat once. It was terrible! He has a hard time saying no to anyone who comes to the door (we also have a set of books, bottles of cleanser, and I don't know what all).

The meat guy came last week and I told him "I don't want to buy meat out of the back of your van." He said, "You don't have to put it like that" but he went away. I'm not as nice as dh (perhaps not necessary to say here:tongue_smilie:)

Oh gosh, they show up here at least once every other month. I like the line "I'm not going to buy meat from the back of a van." That is classic and exactly how I feel about it!

I'm much tougher on door-to-door salesman then my husband is. He'll call me to the door to deal with them now! :lol: I need to put sign up that say's "If your not a Girl Scout I'm not buying!"

The real winner is when the heat index with humidity is over 100* here in the south and some rickety pickup pulls up with a deep freeze strapped to the bed with bungee cords.

I open the door and say "You have GOT to be kidding me". And shut it.

Since we moved I haven't had one meat truck or vacuum salesman or magazine dealer....however, our neighbor is a cop. And the other neighbor has a GIANT pit bull named "Thor". I think Yummy Meats would be raging fools if they tried to sell meat there! Hmmm...it would be fun to watch though!

I've never heard of a meat truck coming to someone's house! That just seems so strange to me. However, I do order meat from a farm a couple hours from here. I pick it up from a designated drop off house in town once every 6 weeks. It does come out of the back of that truck in bags and coolers all over the lawn. I'm sure the neighbors there must think we are nuts!

I do get a lot of handyman types and security system salespeople since moving to this neighborhood a month ago.

When we lived in NC We regularly had the meat truck and magazine people at the door. I found that they come to your door less frequently if you tell them that you're calling the cops.:lurk5:

They also tend not to come back when your 120 lb German shepherd comes running up to them!

And the other neighbor has a GIANT pit bull named "Thor". I think Yummy Meats would be raging fools if they tried to sell meat there! Hmmm...it would be fun to watch though!

In all her years, the only person my dog wouldn't let out of the vehicle was the meat guy. I told him we were veggies, he suggested I get some for friends. Finally I said something else truthful...that many people think the meat guy is someone casing your joint for a burglary. He was *mightly* offended and huffed off.

Our HOA must have a militia because we never get people who knock on our doors. When I lived in previous locations though, on the off chance that I opened a door to someone I didn't know, I said not interested and shut the door before they even had a chance to say something but I am pretty sure that I never had a meat man knock on the door. If I did, I might change my standard response to, "You have got to be kidding me!"