Menu

Lost stuff

I have had to resort to drawing a skull and crossbones on the back of my ruler to warn the thieving miscreants to keep their mitts off!

That doesn't work well when you are the thieving miscreant. :lol: I'm trying to remember where I last saw my rotary cutter and sewing scissors because dull safety scissors won't work well for making the baby quilt I want to make.

The woman who wrote If I'm Diapering the Watermelon, Where'd I leave the Baby? has a good suggestion for this. You 'tether' frequently used and lost items. So she glues her stapler to the desk, put the pen on a chain and screws it to the wall near the phone, attached the scissors to the desk with a cord, tied a brush in the back of the van for dd who forget to brush their hair, etc.

Oh, and here it is hair ties. But we know where they go... the cat steals them and collects them under furniture.

Pens and sippy cups. I don't know where on earth my dd stashes her sippy cups. I have this recurring mental image of myself, eighteen years from now, stumbling upon a mountain of dirty sippy cups beneath the floor or something.

I find mounds of disgusting sippies under the couch with fermented I don't know what in them. NASTY!

The woman who wrote If I'm Diapering the Watermelon, Where'd I leave the Baby? has a good suggestion for this. You 'tether' frequently used and lost items. So she glues her stapler to the desk, put the pen on a chain and screws it to the wall near the phone, attached the scissors to the desk with a cord, tied a brush in the back of the van for dd who forget to brush their hair, etc.

Oh, and here it is hair ties. But we know where they go... the cat steals them and collects them under furniture.

Aaaah, tethering! Now that's exactly what I need to do. For us it would be the scissors that are supposed to ALWAYS be in our hs caddy, pencils (that are ALWAYS supposed to be in the same place with the scissors), dd's hairbrush and yes, those vulnerable hair ties mentioned. Somehow, I have learned to go straight to the Barbie box to find them though. There are usually several of the missing elastic ties wound around those poor, unsuspecting dolls!

Blessings,

Lucinda

From Blue Lilac Studio... "And don't get me started on the remote for the TV. I would LOVE to know where they all drift to."

For Christmas dd bought her daddy a chair-side remote caddy and promised that she would faithfully put the remotes in place every day. So far, we're seeing an improvement, but Christmas was only, what - two months ago?

Blessings,

Lucinda