Menu

Has anyone ordered from King Arthur Flour bakers catalogue.

Yes, I've ordered from them. Dh orders it online though.

I get Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Powder to sprinkle on top of apple pies. It's expensive and I would buy it locally if I could find it; but I haven't found it yet.

You might check other places first, for better prices. I buy King Arthur Flour at Wal Mart. I found grated vanilla bean at our Natural Food Store for much less.

Service was great and products I ordered were good quality, though.

What have you ordered? Did you like the quality?

I've always had good experiences ordering from King Arthur. I think I bought my Zo from them 10+ years ago! Usually I buy baking ingredients that I can't find locally (which changes from year to year) and mixes for gifts.

Same here...I've always had good experiences with buying from KAF. I started out years ago when we could not purchase the regular flour in our local markets. Yes, I had flour shipped to me from Vermont in those days because we loved the quality so much.

Over the years I have also purchased numerous other gadgets, mixes, flavorings, ingredients and the such that are not available to me locally. I've never had a single problem or regretted a purchase I made. These are good folks, and I only wish I lived in New England so I could visit the Vermont store once in awhile. (But then again...I DO live near Bob's Red Mill and am able to go there.) :~)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I've ordered from them, but it wasn't something they "made" so I don't think the quality (which was good) especially reflects on them. I buy their flour sometimes. Their instant yeast is way over priced, and their pie crust mix makes me laugh ('just add butter and water' -- so what makes it different from, say, FLOUR?!...except the price ($4.95 for a double crust)), but otherwise I think they're a fine company. I especially like their baking cookbooks.

I've ordered from them, but it wasn't something they "made" so I don't think the quality (which was good) especially reflects on them

I hope they don't carry junk, and the mere fact they carry it means they had tested it out. I know in the old days the catalog was full of testers.

I hope they don't carry junk, and the mere fact they carry it means they had tested it out. I know in the old days the catalog was full of testers.

Yes, I agree, in that sense (it has their "stamp of approval"). However I wouldn't really have held them responsible or blamed them if there was a problem.

I think they pride themselves on customer service; they seem to know what they're talking about. I had an issue I contacted them about, and they didn't know, but referred me to the manufacturer, from whom I was able to get some additional information.

I can get their flour, which is the only brand I use, at Walmart and Kroger. In fact, Kroger never used to carry it, but I requested it about 10 years ago and now they can't keep it on their shelves! I get the all-purpose at Walmart because they are cheaper, but they don't carry the bread flour or the white whole wheat, so I get those at Kroger when they go on sale. I get yeast at Sam's club.

I have ordered some special things from the Bakers catalog. Colored sugars and flavorings I can't find at the store, and I love their harvest grains mix for bread. I recently found a recipe for that though, so I make it myself now.

Whenever I see a "gadget" I like in their catalog I check Amazon first to see if they carry it, and they usually do.

Edited by My3Boys