Menu

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my neighbor made earrings out of llama poop and sold them on Ebay and THIS IS A TRUE STORY, I KID YOU NOT.

:willy_nilly: :svengo: :blink: :eek: :ack2: :confused1:

Edited by Mrs Mungo
to add spaces because the tongue smilie looked like he was licking the other smilie

llama poop and rabbit poop are both gentle manures. You can use rabbit poop strait out of the butt and add it to your tomato plants. It won't burn them. Just wear your hat with a little litter box under it. Empty out onto your tomato plant.

I already add it to my plants. :D

Do you have a link for a litterbox hat I can purchase? Maybe Make Magazine has a youtube video.

I already add it to my plants. :D

Do you have a link for a litterbox hat I can purchase? Maybe Make Magazine has a youtube video.

well, I'm assuming your rabbit sits in one place on your head. Just tape a corner litterbox to your head so that it's under the rabbit's butt.... so it stays in place. If you don't want tape all around your head (duct tape is best) then try crazy glue. But can you take my word for this one? Smearing your head with chicken droppings won't make you look as ridiculous as a rabbit sitting on top of your head with a litter box taped to the side of it.

:iagree: Like the thread on Americans being disliked in other countries turning to homosexuals in the military;).

:iagree:

I wasn't about to read the 18 pages that lead up to that. I just posted on the last page! :tongue_smilie: I agree it is interesting how far off topics can get. Of course by the time I post this the topic being discussed will probably be something completely different.

well, I'm assuming your rabbit sits in one place on your head. Just tape a corner litterbox to your head so that it's under the rabbit's butt.... so it stays in place. If you don't want tape all around your head (duct tape is best) then try crazy glue.

I'm pretty sure this is animal abuse & if I had the time I'd insert six pages of impassioned diatribe on animal rights but I have to go homeschool my kids.

Oh & don't try this with a flemish giant because I think you'd damage your neck.

I'm pretty sure this is animal abuse & if I had the time I'd insert six pages of impassioned diatribe on animal rights but I have to go homeschool my kids.

Oh & don't try this with a flemish giant because I think you'd damage your neck.

Sis, if you're using the flemish giant, perhaps you should just go ahead and use a feeding trough as your litter box.

Please rethink the chicken scat. I'd hate to recommend or SEE animal abuse. I can't support it.

Wow, that's some rabbit!

Speaking of Flemish... we were reading Flanders Fields recently. Beautiful poem.

"Poppy" came up as a name when we were looking for nature-inspired potential baby names for our latest. But it turned out to be a boy.

We didn't circumcise him. But I have been planning a sweet tattoo.

But I have been planning a sweet tattoo.

Which can be contraversial depending on where you put, what it is, how big it is, how old he is when you give it to him, what you use, and how many times you and your dh have been married and how many kids you have between the two of you. Oh, and whether or not you live in a trailer, shop at Goodwill, and say "blowed up" a lot.

well, I like the one with the red bow better b/c it looks more like me . . . except I don't have white hair . . . or yellow skin . . . or a red bow . . . or a frumpy collar . . . and I don't knit. everything else, though.

Hmm. Then, probably you're helloprincesssmiliegif.gif. Oh, wait, not yellow. Green maybe? You aliensmilie.png

:eek: I didn't let my kids see that. It would give them nightmares. Giant man-eating rabbit . . .

Speaking of which,

(caution--bad, "B" movie special effects and blood) needs to be broken wide open! I'd always thought it was just an old "B" horror flick but with that picture, I'm not so sure!

Speaking of trailers, I have had a lot of friends live in trailers in Texas. Some of them were very nice and some felt like the roof was really too close to the head of my 6'2" husband. I mean he really had very little to go to reach the top of the ceiling. I even looked at a home someone put on a lot in our town that made you wonder if it really was a trailer. So, if a trailer is put on a foundation permanently, can it really be called a "trailer" anymore?

Beth

I wonder if I could fashion some sort of shoulder harness for that?

Speaking of shoulder harnesses... I recently had a friend give me three brand new nursing bras that she never ended up needing back in her nursing days. What a blessing!

Speaking of blessings... What's with blessing people when they sneeze? I've been meaning to look that up for my 7yo. Isn't it about some fear of people becoming possessed when they sneeze?

Speaking of being possessed... what possessed that man to hold up the giant rabbit in such a way? You'd think he'd be afraid of an attack. Or at least of back strain.

Speaking of back strain... My back really, truly appreciates those new bras.

Speaking of shoulder harnesses... I recently had a friend give me three brand new nursing bras that she never ended up needing back in her nursing days. What a blessing!

Speaking of blessings... What's with blessing people when they sneeze? I've been meaning to look that up for my 7yo. Isn't it about some fear of people becoming possessed when they sneeze?

Speaking of being possessed... what possessed that man to hold up the giant rabbit in such a way? You'd think he'd be afraid of an attack. Or at least of back strain.

Speaking of back strain... My back really, truly appreciates those new bras.

:lol::lol::lol:

speaking of those new bras, you could fashion yourself a harness to carry the trough, and use the trough as a BooK shelf, and also if the baby cries, the trough will act as a catch all. Those new bras can't do that. Heck, it can even carry the baby!

Speaking of baby crying, I'm not saying the baby should lap the milk out of a trough like some sort of livestock.

:lol::lol::lol:

speaking of those new bras, you could fashion yourself a harness to carry the trough, and use the trough as a BooK shelf, and also if the baby cries, the trough will act as a catch all. Those new bras can't do that. Heck, it can even carry the baby!

Speaking of baby crying, I'm not saying the baby should lap the milk out of a trough like some sort of livestock.

Well, I do have *three* new bras... I could fasten two in such a way as to carry the baby on my back, and then use the third to hold the BooKs and a trough. And after having three children I could perhaps feed the baby quite easily by simply swinging one of the BooKs over my shoulder to him. The boy is clever enough to manage that, I'd bet.

Then I'd still have my head free for balancing the rabbit and chicken poop contraption you've invented. Not that I have a garden, or know the first thing about gardening... But I bet I'd have enough manure to get started with all these living things hanging off of me and pooping and whatnot. Enough to make for some really yummy tomatoes, at least.

Now, who was it that mentioned llama spit? What's that good for?

Well, I do have *three* new bras... I could fasten two in such a way as to carry the baby on my back, and then use the third to hold the BooKs and a trough. And after having three children I could perhaps feed the baby quite easily by simply swinging one of the BooKs over my shoulder to him. The boy is clever enough to manage that, I'd bet.

Then I'd still have my head free for balancing the rabbit and chicken poop contraption you've invented. Not that I have a garden, or know the first thing about gardening... But I bet I'd have enough manure to get started with all these living things hanging off of me and pooping and whatnot. Enough to make for some really yummy tomatoes, at least.

Now, who was it that mentioned llama spit? What's that good for?

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

llama spit is good for nothing. The scat, however...... good for the garden and apparently for jewelry. I kid you not, I was serious when I said my neighbor took the scat, made it into jewelry and sold it on Ebay. Who would buy that?

This. Is. the Best. Thread. EVER!!!!!:thumbup1:

Really? I'm thinking of contacting a moderator. It's veered completely off topic.

But - have you wondered why other mammals don't need bras? I mean they're quadrupeds, gravity is working even harder on theirs than on ours. And yet, I've yet to see a bunny in a bra. Even after all the babies they have. It's a real mystery. Why David Attenborough hasn't addressed this is beyond me.

Out of Dryer lint and soda bottles. . .

My husband was lighting candles to "set the mood", tossed the used matches in the metal trash can that we used to use as a cinder bucket (back when we had a house instead of a tiny flat with no fireplace) and started one heck of a fire with the bits of dog hair and dryer lint that was in the bottom of it.

DH was horrified to discover that DS and I had started using it for its original purpose (a TRASH can). DS thought it was way cool that dryer lint caught fire so quickly and promptly stuffed some in a film canister to put in his boy scout group for camp outs.

a

DH was horrified to discover that DS and I had started using it for its original purpose (a TRASH can). DS thought it was way cool that dryer lint caught fire so quickly and promptly stuffed some in a film canister to put in his boy scout group for camp outs.

a

We used to use dryer lint on Camp Fire trips. They would stuff the cardboard egg cartons with it, tear off a section and use that as a fire starter. It worked well. :)

Dryer lint art can be very pretty.

We have a waste can by the dryer just for dryer lint (well, any laundry-generated debris) and once, quite a long time ago now, I posted here for any ideas to do with all that lint. I got quite a few responses but never tried any of them. I remember that making fire starters and making paper were in there.

This is one thing that I miss about the old board. Every post had a 'title' (even if the title was the only comment), and every title was viewable from the OP like a little tree trickling down. A lot more people got involved in the posts because while they may not of had a comment about the OP, they may jump in, if only to comment on the evolving conversation.

It definitely had more of a natural conversation feel to it, as it evolved and changed from the OP.

Yes, this is what I miss about the old boards, too. I could quickly read the whole conversation just by reading down the title comments without opening the thread.

Really? I'm thinking of contacting a moderator. It's veered completely off topic.

But - have you wondered why other mammals don't need bras? I mean they're quadrupeds, gravity is working even harder on theirs than on ours. And yet, I've yet to see a bunny in a bra. Even after all the babies they have. It's a real mystery. Why David Attenborough hasn't addressed this is beyond me.

Yea, I mean if evolution were true, you'd think we'd have evolved into creatures that didn't need bras, instead of the other way around. Hmmm something to think about.

And speaking of circumcision, do you know how difficult it is to find someone in England who will perform a circumcision on your baby? We had to track down an elderly Jewish dr to do it for our youngest. I nearly grabbed ds and ran when I saw how shaky the guys hand was. It all worked out okay, though.

And can one purchase rabbit in stores? Or do you all have rabbit-eating-experience from pets and hunting?

Did you know that you can still buy pigeon pie here? I saw it once at a country fair. I was not brave enough to buy it though.

I was looking through a craft magazine yesterday and one of the featured crafts was dryer sheet/freezer paper art. purty enough to decorate your home!

My dog thinks dryer sheets are delicacies and will eat them given half a chance.

Then she will have a horrible stomach ache for two days while she is constipated, and then I'm stuck pulling it out of her butt while she is attempting to poo. Because, you know, she thinks she's done and is trying to trot off - only she has dryer sheet poo hanging out of her butt...

a

My dog thinks dryer sheets are delicacies and will eat them given half a chance.

Then she will have a horrible stomach ache for two days while she is constipated, and then I'm stuck pulling it out of her butt while she is attempting to poo. Because, you know, she thinks she's done and is trying to trot off - only she has dryer sheet poo hanging out of her butt...

a

You know, I bet you could sell that on ebay. I'm thinking something in a tasteful pendant.

nothing too tacky.

Dryer sheets are huge sources of neurotoxins and carcinogens. Even the non-scented ones are absolutely horrid. If I were to suggest one change in a household to make it more health-friendly, it would be to rid the space of dryer sheets, fabric softener, and room fresheners. Especially if you have anyone in the home with asthma or other immune system or neurological challenges.

Dryer sheets are huge sources of neurotoxins and carcinogens. Even the non-scented ones are absolutely horrid. If I were to suggest one change in a household to make it more health-friendly, it would be to rid the space of dryer sheets, fabric softener, and room fresheners. Especially if you have anyone in the home with asthma or other immune system or neurological challenges.

But .... then we'd have static cling. And, that's much worse.

But .... then we'd have static cling. And, that's much worse.

:lol The next step is only natural fibres. If you don't have synthetics in your dryer, you have no static cling. (True story.)

Of course, there's nothing more fun than seeing a well-dressed man walking down the street with a knee-high hose stuck to the back of his pant leg. So there is some sacrifice involved.

Dryer sheets are huge sources of neurotoxins and carcinogens. Even the non-scented ones are absolutely horrid.

When I was a teenager, I would secretly smoke in my room. To cover up the smell, I would tape dryer sheets over my heat vents. Your theory must be false, because I don't have cancer. Therefore, cigarettes don't cause cancer, either.

When I was a teenager, I would secretly smoke in my room. To cover up the smell, I would tape dryer sheets over my heat vents. Your theory must be false, because I don't have cancer. Therefore, cigarettes don't cause cancer, either.

Ohhh. Good point. Maybe I didn't need to quit smoking after all! I wonder if I'd have to go through that horrible coughing and gagging part to get used to it again if I picked it back up?

Speaking of coughing and gagging... That was the baby's reaction to his first food (mashed bananas) which we ended up cleaning up (in the form of vomit) all over the floor.

Speaking of vomit... Did you know you can buy fake vomit on eBay? They sell it right next to the llama scat earings.

Ohhh... perhaps carcinogens cancel each other out! So the trick to being safe from one big nasty is to engage in a second! Rummy thought, what? (I'm reading PG Wodehouse at the moment, and needed an excuse to say that last bit somewhere.)

Speaking of PG Wodehouse... I would love to be in a position to employ a gentle(wo)man's gentle(wo)man to help me out with ... oh, picking out my clothes, solving the problems of my friends, fetching me a stiff drink, etcetera. What fun we would have plotting throughout the day!

Edited by MelanieM

so I googled the toxic dryer sheet thing . . . I tend toward green anyway and have been trying to figure ways to reduce laundry waste. I tried making my own detergent b/c I hate how many containers our little family of three generates. Also, I would prefer an all natural recipe. The recipe I tried, though, didn't work for us: dingy chothes. I found some ideas for fabric sheet alternatives but i ask you . . . wouldn't aluminum foil be bad as well?

The scent isn't the thing for me, it's the static. Although the cloth with the essential oil sounds nice. What I really need is an idea for overcoming the static. We'll see how that goes.