Menu

Anyone have their book picked?

I'm going to try this even though I did not officially sign up. I am starting with Michigan: A History of the Great Lakes State (because I have to :tongue_smilie:).

After that will be Michigan Voices: Our State's History in the Words of the People who Lived It (because I want to! :001_smile:).

I am spending the first 9/10 weeks on Michigan history because it coincides with a class I'm taking. I'll probably read Waiting for the Morning Train: An American Boyhood next. I don't want to plan too far ahead though. I just hope I can find 6 more good (as in "They won't put me to sleep") books on Michigan history...

I'm going to try this even though I did not officially sign up. I am starting with Michigan: A History of the Great Lakes State (because I have to :tongue_smilie:).

After that will be Michigan Voices: Our State's History in the Words of the People who Lived It (because I want to! :001_smile:).

I am spending the first 9/10 weeks on Michigan history because it coincides with a class I'm taking. I'll probably read Waiting for the Morning Train: An American Boyhood next. I don't want to plan too far ahead though. I just hope I can find 6 more good (as in "They won't put me to sleep") books on Michigan history...

:001_huh: We have to sign up?

Uh oh, I feel a commitment coming on....

:leaving:

For someone that got married after six months of dating (and is still happily married) I have a bizarre fear of commitment, but only to things that could have no real ramifications if I didn't follow through (see also a promise to read, to an online group, none of whom know/care where I live or how to reach me if I "quit").

I knew I would have to get a head start (you know, cheat) in order to complete the challenge, so I'm a few chapters into Sense and Sensibility. I forgot to take my list of books to the library, so I just started at "A". Next up is Pride and Prejudice, unless I throw a non-fiction book in there to help calm my non-fiction addiction withdrawl. :lol:

I've also cheated. I'm reading SWB's History of the Medieval World. I can't believe I agreed to read and review it. I don't even like history. Why in the heck would I agree to read over 700 pages of history! :confused:

I'll wait until January to start others simultaneously. I want to read If You Really Loved Me because it is about someone I played with growing up.

Well, I'm going to finish up HP7, which I started again out of desperation to read something I knew I'd like after a long stint of Unfinishables. After that, I'm torn between David Copperfield (which I know I like) and Pride & Prejudice or Emma (not really an Austen fan but I want to read these to see what all the hubbub is about.).

I don't know if I can get a book a week done. I just counted for this year, and to date, I have read 43 books, not counting read alouds to the girls. Some books are just too much for a week. But it does sound like fun. I started Great Expectations and then got sidetracked with a mystery kick, so maybe that will be my first book for the new year.

I don't know if I can get a book a week done. I just counted for this year, and to date, I have read 43 books, not counting read alouds to the girls. Some books are just too much for a week. But it does sound like fun. I started Great Expectations and then got sidetracked with a mystery kick, so maybe that will be my first book for the new year.

I won't get a book a week either, but it's fun to challenge. My goal is a book in 2 weeks. :D

BTW, I love Dickens. My favorite so far is Our Mutual Friend.

And, no, I don't have a book picked yet. BUT. . .I went through my bookshelves and pulled all of the books I haven't read yet (yes, there's a lot). I'm going to make it my goal to read those before I buy anymore.:scared:

That should take me half a year!

Maybe I'll start with "The Screwtape Diaries"

Dorinda

I'm finishing The Illuminator right now and will count Portrait of an Unknown Woman for my January read. Hey, maybe I'll even get in 2 in January. I liked the goal I heard someone else state of one fiction and one non-fiction. My goal for my non-fiction for January will be Spirit Led Eating. It is January after all!:D