Menu

An update/prayer-good thoughts request from Alabama.

Hey friends. Care for an update from your favorite turtle-with-a porcupine-name?

Dy is doing well, healing nicely. I have worked my tushy off watching the kids, cleaning, cooking, etc, and have honestly loved every minute of it. Zorak and I took the kids trick or treating, I took them to piano and guitar, took them for long nature walks, supervised school, did art lessons, picture study, read out loud, etc with them. Good stuff.

Dy is feeling better now, and we were just starting to be able to do some fun stuff together, but my Man is not doing well. I don't want to go into too many details, but his work situation is worse, and financially we are not doing well at all. He is very depressed, and honestly, I am very worried about his mental status. So much so, that I am going home early. I will be flying in Friday at midnight, instead of Tuesday. I am very bummed, worried, upset, angry. When I let myself be. I have been handling his long distance trauma with as much grace as I can muster, but man is it hard.

I have been emailing and setting up appointments, doing research, etc. tonight. I need to get more respite care clients asap, sign up for CNA training, help him find and get to a doctor, try to convince the family to all attend counseling, and so on. Trying to get as much of it set up as I can before I get home. And I have to pack tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for my little family- that I can continue to keep my cool, show my family grace and love, and get some clients asap, as well as adjust to working even more than I already do. Pray that I will still be able to take care of my mother while working. Pray for my Dude- that he can forgive himself for his perceived weaknesses and mistakes, and push through to fix problems and get better. And that he would consider anti-depressants and counseling. And for my teens, who are having to face these adult issues- that they will pick up the slack while I am working, continue to improve in their school work, and have grace with each other.

Thanks for the PMs, the hugs, and the prayers/good thoughts. As always, your love helps keep me afloat. I personally am feeling much better- the vitamin D is really helping stabilize my moods, as has my newest mantra- I am a peaceful person, and wish peace for my family. And I am not getting on your darn roller coaster. :glare:

LB

Edited by Needleroozer
spelling typo, as usual

Dy is doing well, healing nicely. I have worked my tushy off watching the kids, cleaning, cooking, etc, and have honestly loved every minute of it.

I am a peaceful person, and wish peace for my family. And I am not getting on your darn roller coaster.

LB

NB: the all-important positive note at the beginning and the end. I'm glad you're doing well! Happy travel, and roll your ankles on the plane.

Thanks for the prayers gals. I will be ok. I can do this. Surrounding myself with folks who believe in me is really helping. My plate is full, yes, but I don't feel like I have a lot of choice in how much is on it- I am sorta fighting for my family, and there is a lot to be done. But I do have a choice in how I handle all the stuff on said plate. No more pushing the peas under the mashed potatoes!!:001_smile:

Keep praying,

LB

Do take care of yourself, my friend. You are so good at caring for everyone else, but you must not forget YOU.

:grouphug:

Yep. I promise to take care of me. I'm working on it. Even going in for an evil pap and evil mammogram next week. Bleach!!:tongue_smilie:

How're you doing? Wanna try to squeeze in a visit sometime soon?

I'm working on it. Even going in for an evil pap and evil mammogram next week. Bleach!!:tongue_smilie:

What a coincidence. I just did the former last week and I'm scheduling the latter today.

Is it funny or strange that when we think of caring for ourselves in the middle of a big mess that we think mostly of our physical selves?

How're you doing? Wanna try to squeeze in a visit sometime soon?

I'm...okay. I visited my mom yesterday. She's in a bad place. She's ready to let go...

I'm not.

Yes. Let's visit when you have some time.

What a coincidence. I just did the former last week and I'm scheduling the latter today.

Is it funny or strange that when we think of caring for ourselves in the middle of a big mess that we think mostly of our physical selves?

I'm...okay. I visited my mom yesterday. She's in a bad place. She's ready to let go...

I'm not.

Yes. Let's visit when you have some time.

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. It can be so hard to let go of our loved ones. Know I am thinking of you, and your mama.

I will give you a call here in a minute to see if we can set something up for Wed. I could use some of your mad photography skills, too.

Thanks for acknowledging that, Kaye. I am doing my best to be positive! And what do you mean about rolling my ankles? 'Splain please.

Don't get a blood clot in your leg on the flight home. I've had two no-risk-factor (other than being over 40) friends get DVTs on a simple flight. So lift your legs off the ground and roll your ankles, tensing all your lower leg muscles as you do while in flight. Simple thing to do, to avoid a very unpleasant clot.