Menu

Do you have a matress you love?

We got our Select Comfort off CraigsList. It was the basic model (no topper). We almost got rid of it, but we had a foam topper from our previous bed and that made a huge difference. With that it's great! I love being able to make my side as soft as I wish w/o it affecting dh.

We have a Tempurpedic mattress and I love it. I am very sensitive to smell and I have never noticed it smelling. If it did I couldn't do it. We have been sleeping on one for probably close to 7 years. We bought the very firm one first and it was too hard. We now have a 10inch and it is my most favorite possession. Also my Tempur pillow. It is a flatter foam, not the molded with a roll on one edge. I am pillow flipper and so need both edges to be the same. :001_smile:

Just my 2 cents.

Comforpedic Mystere'. It is basically a memory foam mattress w/ a latex core. Love, Love, Love it! I had horrible back pain for many years, and some mornings needed help getting out of bed. Not anymore. My kids all want one because our bed is so comfy! It's not cheap though. We paid about $3600, 4 years ago. Soooo, worth it though!

YES, YES, YES, WE LOVE OUR MATTRESS!!!

We knew we wanted a quality mattress because no one was sleeping well. At the last minute in our shopping we found BedInABox. On their website they have very strong claims about their foam being better than TempurPedic. We went with them because the reviews on independent websites were staggeringly positive. Their prices are fabulous and their customer service was very attentive.

We co-sleep and my ds and I, without fail before going to sleep, both say, "Isn't this bed fabulous? I just love this bed, it is so comfortable." We adored it from day one.

Another vote for the Sleep Number bed. I LOVE my bed. I have arthritis in my hips and used to look like the guy on the evolutionary chart when i got up in the morning. :001_smile:

I've had it for about 8 or 9 years (old model) and I'm thinking it's about time to upgrade. I need more padding!

We have a Tempurpedic and we love it! Best bed I've ever slept it. It didn't have any odor at all (I'm very sensitive to smells and I wouldn't have been able to handle that). We were told to "break it in" by walking all over it for a few hours, which the kids loved helping with, LOL. We've had it for 5 years and I wouldn't go back to a regular mattress for anything. The best thing is that DH's tossing and turning no longer keeps me awake all night ~ that commercial where they show someone jumping on the bed without knocking over a wine glass sitting on the mattress is true!

Jackie

YES, YES, YES, WE LOVE OUR MATTRESS!!!

We knew we wanted a quality mattress because no one was sleeping well. At the last minute in our shopping we found BedInABox. On their website they have very strong claims about their foam being better than TempurPedic. We went with them because the reviews on independent websites were staggeringly positive. Their prices are fabulous and their customer service was very attentive.

We co-sleep and my ds and I, without fail before going to sleep, both say, "Isn't this bed fabulous? I just love this bed, it is so comfortable." We adored it from day one.

Thanks for posting this website! I've been interested in Tempur-pedics . . . but the price! This looks promising.

If you decide to buy this kind make sure that your bedframe will support it. Our bedframe is wooden and we had to buy metal supports with a center "foot" to support the extra weight of this mattress.

I was glad we got ours in the winter because the smell would've bothered me more in hot weather. The smell was definitely noticeable when you walked into the room. Each morning I pulled everything off the bed to let it air out during the day with the windows open...at least a week as I recall.

The mattress is cold in the winter and feels extra firm when you first get into bed before it warms up. In fact, when the delivery men brought it into the house from their truck it was cold and felt like a big brick! And some people might find that it's too hot in warm weather because of the way it molds around your body.

These are the potential negatives that I'd consider.

We have a Tempurpedic mattress and I love it. I am very sensitive to smell and I have never noticed it smelling. If it did I couldn't do it. We have been sleeping on one for probably close to 7 years. We bought the very firm one first and it was too hard. We now have a 10inch and it is my most favorite possession. Also my Tempur pillow. It is a flatter foam, not the molded with a roll on one edge. I am pillow flipper and so need both edges to be the same. :001_smile:

Just my 2 cents.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree

We have a Tempurpedic. It's the only furniture in our house that cost real $. It was worth every single penny we paid. We have one with a pillowy top thing - ooohhhhh it's pure joy.

We just got a Serta Perfect Day Exhale mattress 6 months ago and I love it. I have hip pain and would wake up several times during the night in pain with our old mattress but no more. I was a little nervous about spending so much on it, but it has been worth every penny. The only thing I don't like about it is it's very thick - I need to get some steps to climb into the thing!

the best money we have EVER spent was on our Select Comfort. I had back, neck, shoulder and hip pain and had NO idea it was due to a bad mattress. We slept on my parents tempurpedic and I HATED it. It felt hard as a rock to me. It's also hard to toss and turn because the mattress molds to your body.

The sleep number has been SUCH a blessing! We've had it two years now and I still hate to get out of bed in the morning! I'm SO comfortable and I hate to get up. My dd will climb into bed with me and regularly doesn't want to leave, either. Today was our first day doing school in bed. :D

When I've worked too hard and my back is sore, I can adjust the bed accordingly. I *LOVE* that aspect of it!

I have regularly stated that the money we spent on our bed is the best money we've ever spent, and I truly mean that! I can't rave enough about it!

We got the middle of the road model.

Yes, unfortunately it's in my son's room. I recently bought him a memory foam mattress. It's wonderful! I thought I had the best bed in the world -- dh bought it for me when I was pregnant and he went all out. I've never been on a more comfortable mattress. When mine gives out, I'm getting memory foam for my bed.

Things to know about memory foam.

1. It's harder than you think. If you like a medium bed, you need to get a "soft" memory foam mattress. If you like a really hard bed, get a medium. (I guess you get the "hard" if you're in traction.) :tongue_smilie:

2. Ge the kind that has tunnels to keep it cool. Different brands call that feature different names. Look for the words "cool" or "air ventilation." This is a good feature in South Florida. I'm not sure if it's important where you live, but generally you want your mattress to stay cool and not hold the heat from your body if you are keeping the room at a comfortable temperature.

We have the Simmons (I think) Backcare mattress. It was the only one we could agree on after trying every mattress fr sale in a 50 mile radius. We actually like it so much we bought each of our daughters one (there is nothing like a good mattress).