Menu

Size 8 boys jeans? In slim w/ adjustable waist? Do they exist,where to find them?

We went to buy jeans this weekend. Granted we were at the BX, but of the Levi's they had, the adjustable waist ended at size 7. They are going to be too short as soon as they get washed or he grows at all. Unfortunately the

8's, while plenty long enough, are both way too big in teh waist, as well as even the slims where huge in the legs.

I haven't really bought kid clothes anywhere but a BX, so I really have no idea which stores have what. So where can I find jeans for tall 7yo boy that has zero waist and butt? Do they make 8's in a slim? With an adjustable waist?

I buy pants and shorts for my string bean son at Penney's. He's size 12 tall, but size 8 wide, which conforms to 12 slim. This year I even got him 12 slim shorts -- look specifically at the school uniform pants and shorts. They all come in slim sizes and they last forever. Ds loves his new duds.

We found the Gymboree, Gap and Lands' End slims were *still* way too wide, even with the adjustable waist.

Old Navy slims are slimmer (and have adjustable waists), so that's what we ended up with most recently.

I was about to tear my hair out after measuring ds and ordering pants from Lands' End based on his measurements, only to have him try them on and come out of his room declaring, "Mom! These are clown pants!" They were all (we had three pair) a good 3-4 inches wider in the waist and hips than the size chart indicated. I won't order their slims again.

Actually, Lands End slims go up to size 20. I needed them for my oldest because he was just so skinny. He can finally wear men's jeans, but Eddie Bauer seems to be the only place that has jeans that fit him (29x32.)

Calvin's in size 16s already! I need to order some more for when husband next visits the US. I haven't found anything that good here. He is a 25 x 30.

ETA: I've just realised that I can get chinos in age 16 for the waist, but they go up to leg 31! Now I just need to check whether his current 16s are getting snug anywhere else.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

I was about to tear my hair out after measuring ds and ordering pants from Lands' End based on his measurements, only to have him try them on and come out of his room declaring, "Mom! These are clown pants!" They were all (we had three pair) a good 3-4 inches wider in the waist and hips than the size chart indicated. I won't order their slims again.

Calvin has some LE jeans with elastic all round the waist (hidden in the waist band) and they were too big in the waist. I had to cut into the waist band and pull the elastic tighter.

The LEs that have the adjustable elastic instead work much better for us.

Laura

Calvin has some LE jeans with elastic all round the waist (hidden in the waist band) and they were too big in the waist. I had to cut into the waist band and pull the elastic tighter.

The LEs that have the adjustable elastic instead work much better for us.

No, they were the adjustable waist slims. I had ordered three pair in different styles (jeans, cargo pants, cords) and all three were significantly larger in the waist and hips than the size chart indicated.

No, they were the adjustable waist slims. I had ordered three pair in different styles (jeans, cargo pants, cords) and all three were significantly larger in the waist and hips than the size chart indicated.

I think Lands' End runs big in everything. I just bought some size 8 jeans for me. I am NOT an 8.

Another vote for The Children's Place. My son just gets taller and never bigger around the waist...slims with an adjustable waist are a must! I like that they are a little longer in the leg than some other brands. I don't think they carry slims in the store, but if you ask them, they have coupon cards they can give you so you don't have to pay for shipping. I always take DS in to try on the regular size to make sure the length will be okay and then go up to the counter and tell them I need to order that size, but in slims. They've offered the free shipping to me every time. Good luck!

Deb