Menu

I am so happy. I love coffee...

Now I know why I had to stop drinking it. I really need to watch my acid intake due to reflux so I stick to mainly iced tea. This morning I decided to make coffee. Two cups later I think I have a very nice coffee high going, which I will probably crash from shortly. :lol: When the kids were little I used to drink a pot of coffee each morning while doing our read alouds. I miss coffee!

I wish we could bring back the concept of Elevenses! It's mentioned in the Paddington stories and common among some of the sailboaters in harbor. After you get done with your morning chores you visit with neighbors over a pot of coffee and sweet bread. I love this way of socializing but seldom hear of it where I live. Our wonderful neighbors will have impromptu Hot Buttered Rum parties, etc., and we all bring appetizers but I'd love the hospitality of sharing a pot of coffee late morning with a friend, too!

I'm in the happy coffee club too. In fact my kids know that Mama is happier when she has had a cup of coffee and will suggest it if they think I am grumpy. DH is so sweet as to have my coffee in his hand when he wakes me up in the morning.

Sit me by the beach with a good cup of coffee and all seems right with the world :001_smile:

I love coffee too! Hope I never have to give it up completely. But a few weeks ago my doc told me to cut out all cholesterol--which includes my beloved half-n-half. Sigh.

Maybe a solution: I mix a teaspoon of instant into a cup of hot 1% milk. It's already as sweet as I like it, the calcium in the milk cuts the acid, the cholesterol drops dramatically, and there's protein in my cup. ;)

I recently had brewed stuff (very nice) with plenty of half-n-half, for weeks, and just went back to the milk and instant. It takes a couple of days to get used to, but I like it better, I think. (No tomatoes, please. :D ) In any case, it's the thing in my insulated mug that accompanies me *everywhere*.

I'm right there with you!

I enjoy a cup or two now every morning, although I'm still mildly allergic to it. I'm so happy I can have some coffee and chocolate now!!:001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

The only thing I really miss is ice cream--I just need to go to Europe again for some sheep milk ice cream!

However, I discovered a sorbet that's pretty good, I hate most sorbets. Mango Sorbet from the yoghurt store "Cherry on Top," pretty yummy! Right now they're only in California, but they have a store coming in Dallas soon, it was fun for the kids, you get to choose and sprinkle your own toppings from a huge topping bar.

Edited by ElizabethB